• Total activity 16
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 5
  • Subscriptions 4

Activity overview

Latest activity by David Kelly

David Kelly commented,

Don't hold your breath."It's coming around Xmas 2022" - Skylum Support.    

David Kelly commented,

Adobe was slow to add GPU support to LightRoom and there were a lot of complaints about its speed. Adobe has the excuse of a large legacy codebase that has been in development since 2007. Luminar i...

David Kelly commented,

It's insane that Luminar doesn't use the GPU. A photo app that doesn't use the fast video processor shows poor design. I would call it a fundemental flaw. Offloading processing functions to the GPU...

David Kelly created a post,

Luminar 4 doesn't use the GPU

Answered

It seems, at least on my iMac, that the setting to use the GPU does absolutely nothing in Luminar 4. If I track CPU + GPU usage history, and then do some edits, turn layers on and off etc. the CPU ...

David Kelly created a post,

sync overwriting edits

Answered

I have an issue where a bunch of images that I were working on have been had their adjustments unexpetedly reset. The history shows all of the edits for the images, however the topmost history entr...

David Kelly commented,

Super slow for me with a brand new catalogue of just 5 images and running on a 2019 27" iMac with 4.2Ghz Core i7 processor, 64GB RAM and a fast SSD.

David Kelly commented,

I just bought a copy of Luminar 3 with the pre-release of Luminar 4 bundled. While the app itself is quite impressive, in terms of what it is capable of, I am already frustrated with it on my first...