• Total activity 9
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 0
  • Subscriptions 1

Activity overview

Latest activity by Steve Pears

Steve Pears commented,

Just got 1.4.0 upgrade, no fix for Canon R5 files, what a disappointment. Also I was wrong about exporting from Apple Photos, some images seem ok but some are very poor

Steve Pears commented,

Hi Chuck, Thanks for the information, I now find that exporting from Apple Photos directly into Luminar AI works

Steve Pears commented,

I was very surprised and disappointed. It does work with some .CR3 files e.g. from the Canon M6Mk2, but not from the R5. I also use Affinity Photo, this was updated a few months ago and works well ...

Steve Pears commented,

From the response from Skylum I wasn’t expecting that the fix would be in this next release, their suggestion was that it may be in version 4

Steve Pears commented,

I work around it by converting the .CR3 files to .DNG using the free Adobe converter. It's inconvenient but it works.

Steve Pears commented,

Sorry for the spell correction, it should read Skylum   

Steve Pears commented,

Skyline confirmed that it was a known fault and that they would eventually have a fix.

Steve Pears created a post,

Canon R5 Raw Files

Answered

When I import a Canon R5 raw file into Luminar AI it is processed without me selecting any action, the colours are brightened and there is a large loss of shadow detail. The resulting image is terr...