• Total activity 195
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 49
  • Subscriptions 22

Activity overview

Latest activity by Andy H

Andy H commented,

Problem is Bob, they won’t. They got plenty of criticism for L3 and didn’t do much about it. They think distracting us with shiny new AI Filters (that don’t actually work that well if you really pu...

Andy H commented,

Luminar isn’t light for me, more like a ten tone weight clogging up my hard drive and RAM :) I purchased Capture One (v10) when they used to have a significantly reduced price for the Sony version...

Andy H commented,

I agree about X5, raw develop not as good as ON1, especially highlight and shadows. Also raw rendering is a bit slow (but not as bad as L3/L4). Topaz Studio is great fun and produces some fantastic...

Andy H commented,

I'm not sure I agree with that Colin.  I think if you took a snapshot of the Community Forum 5 days after the general release of L3 and compared it to now for L4, I think there's a least the same a...

Andy H commented,

I don’t think it’s that, I tend to be a pretty light editor. To me it has all the the hallmarks of the underlying code being shot to pieces. Time for Skylum to rebuild Luminar from the ground up.

Andy H commented,

@Colin Grant.  Glad it's working for you.  I was so hoping L4 would be an improvement over L3, but alas, not for me. In fact it's slower.  I have 9 days of my 14 day trial left and I have no intent...

Andy H commented,

Flex was basically Luminar 2018 with a new splash screen, minor UI and filter changes and of course when it was released the Skylum marketing machine tried to claim it was a new product.  It was cl...

Andy H commented,

I'll keep it simple - no and no. Some Mac users like me are having serious performance issues and Skylum support keep churning out the same scripted, "we have updates coming" or "you must use small...

Andy H commented,

HI Jeff.  That should work as a stopgap, many thanks!  I think Skylum should have thought this through a little more.  Every other portrait software I know has the ability to select individual face...

Andy H commented,

I’m going to cut and paste a post I put in another thread: This is the same advice someone at Skylum gave me over 9 months ago when I was having issues with Luminar 3. Several smaller catalogs is ...