• Total activity 74
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 8
  • Subscriptions 9

Activity overview

Latest activity by Andy H

Andy H commented,

@Kate. Thanks, I’m aware of the workarounds, but that is pretty inconvenient. For the foreseeable future Luminar 3 is not a viable product for me and I’m using something else. I hope to see better ...

Andy H commented,

@ G Mitchell. Indeed, unfortunately Skylum have an established track record of over promising and under delivering :(

Andy H commented,

I have a soft launch copy here in Canada. Disappointingly it still takes too long to load with a catalog of 36,000 photos - although it is an improvement. Time from clicking on the icon to being ab...

Andy H commented,

@Hillman.  I'd give it a go, you can't lose with a free trial. I did the same and was very impressed. Now it's replaced Lightroom and pretty much removed Luminar from my workflow.

Andy H commented,

I fully agree with being respectful on this forum and ensuring only genuine customers are contributing, but prohibiting community members from even mentioning competing software? This clearly shows...

Andy H commented,

@Hillman.  There are other options to LR and Luminar. I've had problems with both.  Have you tried any others?

Andy H commented,

Hi @Erwin.  I cannot replicate this issue on my Mac. I've scrolled down all of my photos, creating thumbnails for them all, and the load time stays the same.  Maybe an issue for Windows only?

Andy H commented,

Hi @Erwin.  Thanks for this.  I'm not sure this is the problem for me on a Mac.  My Luminar catalog folder is 270Mb for 35,000 photos - pretty small - assuming that is where the thumbnails are. My ...

Andy H commented,

Hi Folks. I wanted to share something I discovered today, something that might have resolved my 15+ minute load times for Luminar with 35,000 photos in the Library. I have a three level folder str...

Andy H commented,

I decided to do a fresh install of Luminar 3.0.2, and didn't sync any of my photos with it. Luminar loads much quicker.  Opened a photo for a quick edit, and it was very fast and no crashes or free...