• Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 1
  • Subscriptions 6

Activity overview

Latest activity by Ron Leckie

Ron Leckie created a post,

Duplicates in Library

Answered

A couple of my folders (from an external drive) have duplicates in the library which all point to the same original image.  In fact, there are 3 of each in the library.  For example, I have a folde...

Luminar 3.1.2 (Mac) crashes after Clone / Erase Tool use

I did not see this problem on prior versions, but Luminar 3.1.2 has crashed on two images after the use of the Erase and Clone & Stamp tools.  I have not been able to get back in to edit one image,...

Ron Leckie commented,

I also fully agree that Luminar needs a real blur function like the PS Gaussian Blur.  Using Soft Focus, Soft Glow, and/or Image Radiance in Luminar give fake-looking results.  I'll add my vote for...

Ron Leckie commented,

Thanks, Angela. Guess I'll keep doing what you described until .lmnr project files come back - which is what I want to preserve special images. Ron

Ron Leckie commented,

Angela, One other question...  If I give the two external hard drives the same name and clone/sync them, will Luminar 3 know the difference?  Will it apply the catalog edit data to either/both? Tha...

Ron Leckie commented,

Thanks, Angela. It's not elegant, but works. However, it does remove the original RAW files and moves them to the external drive - no way to copy rather than move?  Am I right in guessing that the ...

Ron Leckie commented,

Thanks, Colin.  Yes, they should have a "sidecar" option.  If they add ".lmnr" file saving, that will help, but still not the most elegant solution.  Of course - I realize transferability doesn't w...

Archive with edit data?

After a shoot, I have my RAW files in folder on my laptop.  I work on them using Luminar 3 until happy with them, then export as JPEG files to use.  When I am done with edits and my laptop disk fil...

Ron Leckie commented,

Phil, thanks for the work-around.  Have not yet had time to try it. 🤭

Ron Leckie commented,

Thanks, Angela!  Looking forward to it.