• Total activity 649
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 1 user
  • Votes 319
  • Subscriptions 139

Activity overview

Latest activity by Steve Ratts

Steve Ratts commented,

At this point I'd be just shocked if they do the right thing with L4 - it's abandonware, like all of their products. I've got my fingers crossed they'll do the right thing with Aurora since that's ...

Steve Ratts commented,

LOL! Thanks Rocky Cola! Well said.It's kind of a shame they way they treat us niche users of minor brands, particularly of such unremarkable cameras as the R5 and R6. I mean, really? Who actually u...

Steve Ratts commented,

Hi Helga, I'd just like to call your attention to two things here. On1 2021 released on 11/2/2020 and it supports the Canon R5 & R6 CR3 format, they've stated they'll be rolling out support for the...

Steve Ratts commented,

I think you're missing the point Anastasia Davis. Skylum isn't releasing SW so much as it releases abandonware. Promises are made and are broken, then you switch tracks and abandon the SW with no f...

Steve Ratts commented,

LOL! We can choose 1 license or 2? And we can reset our license counter if we want to use the app on another computer? No thanks! Here's what I choose. Skylum only makes abandonware, and I'm not go...

Steve Ratts commented,

Well said Matthias. I gave up on using Luminar as a viable central part of my workflow when they gave up on solving their catalog problems or adding the necessary basic features needed just to brin...

Steve Ratts commented,

I'm curious about your statement Anastasia Davis. Yes, the R5 is a new camera, but CR3 is *not* a new format. If Luminar can support CR3 from other cameras, why not the R5 too? Other SW doesn't see...

Steve Ratts commented,

Well, CR3 files are *supposed* to be supported, but if you want to work with a RAW file and you're not getting the result you expect using Canon's CR3 file, then try DNG - it's also RAW, just in an...

Steve Ratts commented,

Have you tried converting to DNG and working with that?

Steve Ratts created a post,

CR-3

Answered

Hey, it's been years now since we've asked for this feature. Yes, I know I can convert to DNG in Adobe products and feed those in, but honestly that's such a kludge and there just isn't any excuse....