• Total activity 39
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 1
  • Subscriptions 17

Activity overview

Latest activity by Barry Sachais

Barry Sachais commented,

I figured it out myself and successfully upgraded. That said, upgrading Luminar is too often a hassle don't experience with other editing software. That's why Affinity is now my go-to editing softw...

Barry Sachais commented,

Honestly, I don't why I even bother with these updates! Frankly, I don't even know why I even keep this program. With so many other choices, no problems with updating, I think it's time to uninstal...

Barry Sachais commented,

Franci...I had the same problem. I followed the instructions to uninstall the Microsoft Visuals as listed. Following the next steps to download and reinstall the Microsoft Visual versions did allow...

Barry Sachais commented,

I use Win 10. As soon as I felt Luminar 4 was usable ( a few bugs) I deleted Luminar 3 and 2018. I use Revo Uninstaller to ensure stuff is not left and scattered about. Using Luminar 4 after uninst...

Barry Sachais commented,

The offline installer worked for me as well. Seconding a comment made by someone else, for Skylum to expect pre-orders for Luminar 4 after experiencing the many hassles with Luminar 3 is rather ins...

Barry Sachais commented,

The images are still on your laptop. The catalog does not contain the actual images only snapshots ( thumbnails ). You'd have to copy all the actual photo files themselves to the PC along with the ...

Barry Sachais commented,

If I might add a bit to Ms. Evans registry cleaner advice with CC Cleaner. I did on Dec. 19, the day after the release of L3 and some of the performance problems were solved. That is not to say tha...

Barry Sachais commented,

I'll wait until 3.1 is released. Then I'll decide whether or not it's a go-to for post-processing. ON1 Photo, along with LR and PS, certainly meet my needs. I figured I'd give L3 a shot as a tool t...

Barry Sachais commented,

It's my understanding that L3 and 2018 are separate programs. Also, Skylum will no longer be updating 2018 by adding new features. 

Barry Sachais commented,

As I commented in another post, before trying an install clean the registry of ANY reference to L3. That's what I did a few weeks ago and have had no install problems since. As far as the other iss...