• Total activity 192
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 145
  • Subscriptions 19

Activity overview

Latest activity by Eric

Eric commented,

I sure hope that’s temporary and not some automated filter.

Eric commented,

Right, C1 and DxO do manual measurements which provides excellent results but is time consuming and is the reason why they exclude certain lenses because there’s not enough “demand”. C1 especially,...

Eric commented,

Ah yes, 18% grey, not 50%. But yeah, not necessarily something to be found in every image. C1 is definitely superior in this regard. They even have a separate white balance picker for skin tones wh...

Eric commented,

Bob, just found in another thread that someone posted a screenshot with automatic lens correction: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006684739-Lense-correction-goes-wrong-Nik...

Eric commented,

I think Luminar goes by the grey tone, so you’d have to sample an area with 50% grey. This is obviously much harder to determine. So far, the best white balance tools I’ve seen are in C1 where pr...

Eric commented,

Oh wow, that really doesn’t look promising. Thanks for sharing, Bob.

Eric commented,

Bob Picman, I see, maybe it's a bit hidden like in L3/Flex but the "Lens Distortion" option under the "Lens" tab has worked pretty well for me so far. Since this is in Flex, there isn't really any...

Eric commented,

@Bob, are you saying that L4 does not have lens correction beyond pincushion and barrel distortion? I haven’t yet tried L4, so I’m curious to know. L3/Flex does definitely have lens distortion corr...

Eric commented,

Oh interesting, I find this pretty telling. Support requests get ignored but Facebook posts, where potentially 10's of thousands of people see the issues that are going on, those get a response (al...

Eric commented,

Hi Collene, I do understand what you mean, the outcome of the process is not quite what one would expect. If I have an already compressed file and export it a "full" or 100% quality, I would expect...