• Total activity 63
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 21
  • Subscriptions 10

Activity overview

Latest activity by Dan Parsons

Dan Parsons commented,

My reply was directed at the post directly before mine, the one by Zoran.

Dan Parsons commented,

Note that if you continue to use Luminar and Capture One this way (having Luminar save on top of the file you originally sent to Luminar in the first place), it will damage your photo if you tweak ...

Dan Parsons created a post,

Year+ old work destroying bug from Luminar 1.3.0 still exists in Luminar 4

Answered

The "save over the file you imported results in your effects being applied twice" bug from Luminar 1.3.0, reported by me a year ago, still exists in Luminar 4. All you have to do is open a file, ma...

Dan Parsons commented,

Andy, I agree with you about their lost competency and strongly suggest you get a refund because we have no reason to believe it's going to ever get better.

Dan Parsons commented,

I pretty much assumed 3.0.2 would be a dud, but I have to admit I'm surprised they managed to ship a crashing installer again. Kind of blown away, to be honest.

Dan Parsons commented,

> Professional? NO. I couldn't agree more, Kim. Every step of the way with Luminar, Skylum has lacked professionalism. The only thing that seems professional is their marketing. Their engineering c...

Dan Parsons commented,

> I don't know what kind of video card you have. My laptop's discrete graphics is a Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of VRAM and again, plenty fast for Photoshop/Capture 1/ON1. However, I've also connected...

Dan Parsons commented,

> New update, hot off the press: The way you wrote that makes it REALLY sound like Skylum just released an updated version of Luminar, but they in fact, have not. EDIT: Andy, I appreciate your update.

Dan Parsons commented,

> But here's the big question: Perhaps they only wanted Luminar to work on the latest and greatest machines. No.  I am using a 2018 15" MacBook Pro with the upgraded 6-core i7 processor, 32GB of 24...

Dan Parsons commented,

I am willing to bet my entire income on the following two predictions: (1) Skylum’s cloud services will be a total shitshow nightmare. Justification: they lack the software engineering maturity ne...