• Total activity 35
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 6
  • Subscriptions 10

Activity overview

Latest activity by David Reagan

David Reagan commented,

So, the roadmap page is now redirected to the blog. That's disappointing... Any updates on metadata management? Does the new 4.3 search tool search anything other than filenames? I have to wonder h...

David Reagan commented,

I'm glad it's still planned. But when will it happen? Metadata is well defined. I expect there are multiple libraries available in whatever language Luminar is programmed in that would make reading...

David Reagan created a post,

Metadata update?

Answered

Can we get an update on when we will be able to edit metadata in Luminar 3? (Or 4.) It's been on the roadmap since the end of 2018. My workflow depends on being able to manage metadata. Right now I...

David Reagan commented,

I was able to try it, and it worked. It's a pretty bare bones implementation, but it did import my pics off of my camera. My camera was in mass storage mode. Maybe a different mode causes the greye...

David Reagan commented,

Just to add some context for why I think tagging and metadata is so important. I share a lot of my pics on SmugMug. SmugMug can use the Title, Caption, and Tags metadata automatically. It really ad...

David Reagan commented,

So, I was able to install the update just fine on Windows 10, and it seemed a bit faster. But, after poking around a bit, there are a bunch of small things that really should not have been missed. ...

David Reagan commented,

Erm, OSX is actually a Unix like operating system. Not a port of Linux. It does borrow from BSD. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS So since Linux is a Unix like OS as well, there should be so...

David Reagan commented,

Ah, another Mac vs. Windows difference. I keep running into those.... I wonder if there's a feature comparison table in the docs somewhere.... (Yes, I had registered it.)

David Reagan commented,

Oohh... It's a difference between the mac and windows versions. Got it. Thanks for the info.

David Reagan created a post,

SmugMug export?

In the Share Image button screenshot on this doc page: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-7-edit-view There are several options other than "Export to image" and "Mail". Are those just o...