• Total activity 54
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 11
  • Subscriptions 10

Activity overview

Latest activity by Nigel Turley

Nigel Turley commented,

Alex - this is another nail in the Skylum / Luminar coffin for me I'm afraid. Although I wasn't part of the unofficial 'beta testing' for the rushed 3.02 release, I feel for those who were. The att...

Nigel Turley commented,

Luckily, 3.02 hasn't yet hit the UK - in any case, I'm going to hold off installing it as I'm tired of beta testing this buggy, slow and unreliable app. I'll check back occasionally to see if there...

Nigel Turley commented,

Hmmm - I'd made the same assumption - that edits were stored in the catalog. The fact that Skylum are relying on a confused 'hybrid' solution and not using a more traditional catalog model (as per ...

Nigel Turley commented,

George - Capture One Pro is a significant investment but is a far more 'pro' piece of software. It has its faults, but I get amazing results from it and the catalog functions really well. It's also...

Nigel Turley commented,

I'm afraid that in its current state, Luminar can't be considered a serious contender as an image editor - I take a look at the various issues being reported here and really feel that I can't trust...

Nigel Turley commented,

I've also been looking at the database - what concerns me a bit is that the UUID (Universally Unique Identifier) for a volume is also being stored. As I understand it, this is unique - hence the na...

Nigel Turley commented,

@Mark - perhaps we can at least agree that they wouldn't be dealing with "issues" if L3 had been properly tested prior to release. Our expectations were raised by the marketing team and the develop...

Nigel Turley commented,

Fair comment, but the DAM was advertised as being in a different class and somehow ground breaking. Skylum also baited users with special offers prior to the release of Luminar 3 which reinforced t...

Nigel Turley commented,

@Alex - don't forget the promise you made on December 6th: "These are the elements that make Luminar - Luminar. Your photos are front and center. Forget extra distractions. Your time is preciou...

Nigel Turley commented,

I know Capture One is very very expensive but for me at least it's simply the best combination of tools to process RAW. I've been a user for a few years now so at least the initial price was a litt...