• Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 1
  • Subscriptions 9

Activity overview

Latest activity by Frank Joke

Frank Joke created a post,

Still: Can't post to SmugMug

Answered

The original post was closed with answered but I still could not find a solution to it, cannot post to Smugmug on L4 4.1 (5191). The answer is always 'authentication failed' and I do not have Lumin...

Frank Joke commented,

I just tested also with Luminar 3 (which I own) and have same problems. Maybe I did not realize it because I used it mainly as a sort of plug.in and not to convert RAWs directly (because I cannot i...

Frank Joke commented,

Yes, I do have my monitor calibrated with X-rite which works for everything else. I re-calibrated again and made sure to have the windows compatible ICC profile loaded but the result is the same. I...

Luminar 4 strange color rendition

Answered

I tested Luminar 4 today with a portrait shot. The face/skin AI is impressive but I found a big problem in color rendition!   On the left side you see the picture as part as I see it in L4, on the...

Even the black friday offers for Luminar 4 upgrades are crazy!

Answered

It seems that I will stop using Luminar and not buy any upgrade to L4! Even the black friday deals do not allow me to just upgrade L3 to L4 without any 'Bonus' features! I do not want & need any bo...

Frank Joke commented,

I thought that as well first but it just took very long! I use a 42MP Nikon NEF file as input and want to produce full res JPG. In Capture One and lightroom export takes 3-5 second, on same system ...

Frank Joke commented,

I just checked by exporting an NEF (Nikon Z7) RAW file to JPG and all EXIF is there. The only problem is that L4 does not read XMP sidecars with rating, so rating information done in other programs...

Frank Joke commented,

And, it takes endless to show up picture with corrections!  I made some face corrections and CPU was at 100% for 20 seconds,just after a move of the slider, export took nearly 4 minutes! Even Photo...

Luminar 4: How to export a file to same directory than original

I own lLuminar 3 and just tested Luminar 4 but found again a very simple probnlem: Cannot export easily to same or relative directory than original file. My workflow is normally that I open/import ...

Frank Joke commented,

Helena, the question was only why I should preorder then? The price for an existing L3 user is €59 for the pre-order because you add for 'free' 'Inspired Looks' which I do not need and do not want ...