• Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 0
  • Subscriptions 5

Activity overview

Latest activity by John Inglis

John Inglis created a post,

After The FREE Trial

Answered

Luminar 4 has a very clear memory management problem. This is the whole reason I cannot commit to buy this software, great software but totally marred by this. It's way too slow even with my powerh...

John Inglis commented,

My PC is very powerful, and runs everything with no problems at all i7 7700, 32gb Ram, 500 ssd, 8 gig Graphics card. It takes at least 10 seconds to load a simple RAW file, 

John Inglis commented,

Anna V, That's a bad deal breaker right there. You have a potentially fantastic bit of S/ware with Luminar and you've just crippled it by not putting a preferences tab for users to change settings ...

John Inglis commented,

If you have a png, which your watermark should be, just take it into say photoshop and invert it, so the transparent pixels are black, save it, then import it as a Add New Image Layer. Then go down...

John Inglis commented,

Vita, are you serious? You don't know what a preferences tab is? Preferences are in EVERY single piece of photo software on the market today, it helps you configure the program to the users needs.

My Only Issues so far...Luminar 4

Right as a new user to L4 with the 14 day trial. I find it quite nice to work with, easy interface, smart looking and very intuitive. But loading NEF RAW files (Nikon) are so very slow indeed, if y...

A Preferences Tab

I can't find a preferences tab anywhere, is there one?

John Inglis commented,

Well state what's wrong with it don't just say it don't work, telling us the issues would be a good start.

John Inglis commented,

UPDATE!:From Skylum Please invert the original watermark to the black color. Luminar can't work with transparent PNGs, it replaces all transparent pixels into white ones.

Watermarking

Answered

When adding my watermark, it's just a white screen, and it's a png, so it should be transparent but it's not, the watermark is fine on other programs.