• Total activity 1290
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 1 user
  • Votes 37
  • Subscriptions 304

Activity overview

Latest activity by Colin Grant

Colin Grant created a post,

Eraser Tool not reliable (and other things)

Answered

What the hell is the matter with Skylum staff on here? I post an issue and you come back asking me to do something and then close the thread as answered. Now listen, this is quite simple - this is ...

Slow filters - Luminar 4.1

Answered

May have been some premature optimism re performance gains. Crashes have gone away but there is still significant delay when moving sliders. At times some filters almost lock up and no matter how m...

Colin Grant commented,

I am certainly seeing the high CPU use. The Library is faster, I agree, but that is really where it stops - there is nothing more of merit speed wise anywhere else.

Colin Grant commented,

Must admit I do not find it much faster either, if at all. Seems more stable and have had no crashes but that is it. Still nowhere near good enough for consideration as my got to editor.

Erase Tool - Luminar 4.1

Answered

Anyone noticed bugs on the erase tool in 4.1 on Mac? Have had instances where it won't work when using it for the second time and also where having used it the deletion is not reflected on the imag...

Colin Grant commented,

Hi David, Cap One is arguably the best there is but you do need something like Affinity Photo to do the Ps type stuff. The problem with C1 is the price, unless you are able to opt for the Fuji or S...

Colin Grant commented,

I have not read the manual in detail but believe it to be no more than a handbook, and would expect nothing more. But then I do not expect much from Luminar. I find it bloated, slow and buggy. 4.1 ...

Colin Grant commented,

But can a user manual ever cover that sort of detail? There are so many variables. Telling people how a slider works and what it does is one thing. Bringing that into the world of tutorials is prob...

Colin Grant commented,

All now sorted, thanks to Richard Harrington.

Luminar Plugins to Ps

Answered

I only have L4.1 on my Mac and the plugin folder in Ps only holds the plugin for that app. Why is it then that both L3 and Flex show up as available plugins in the Ps menu, even though clicking on ...