• Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 7
  • Subscriptions 17

Activity overview

Latest activity by Gary Bowen

Gary Bowen created a post,

L4 and Facebook - Part II

Answered

In a previous (now closed) post, Anna V posted: "Please take a moment to review our user agreement, in particular, the sections "When you use our products" and "Your Data that we collect": https://...

Gary Bowen commented,

Hello Anna - Privacy aside, I do not support the ethics or business practices of Facbook (the company). I try my best to avoid giving them any money or data from which they make money. Had I known ...

Gary Bowen commented,

Can you tell us the IP address of the called server so I can block it? What would happen if I block all Internet access for Luminar 4?

Luminar 4 sends user data to Facebook?

Answered

Just read an article that L4 sends user data to Facebook while the application is in use. The author claims to have a response from Skylum confirming this. I never want Facebook or its other owned ...

Gary Bowen commented,

Personal workspaces make L3 stand out from the crowd and I, too, really miss it in L4. Same thing with the slide out FULL menu list in L3. The L4 menu structure is not as easy to use as L3.

Gary Bowen commented,

Thank, Vita, for the update. I'm looking forward to using L3 with the CR3 RAW files (at least until v4 gets the v3 tool library and custom menuing).

Gary Bowen commented,

I, too, would like to know as I now needs CR3 RAW capability.

Thoughts after four versions

Answered

I own and use Luminar 2018, Flex, v3 and v4. Out of this stable my go to version is v3 (or Flex if I'm using LR6.1 as a DAM and container) for photo editing. Two things in particular keep me using ...

Gary Bowen commented,

Currently running on AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (Windows 10) and on AMD A10-7860K (FM2+, Windows 7). Both run just fine.

Gary Bowen commented,

Just had another silent crash (no warnings) to desktop. I had launched L4 and was trying to resize it on my screen. Crashed as I grabbed a window edge to resize.