Sherwood Botsford

• Total activity 134
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 12
  • Subscriptions 47

Recent activity by Sherwood Botsford Sort by recent activity Recent activity Votes
  • Fuss and feathers about DAM

yes there is a bunch of pissed off people here.  But let's step back a bit:   There are a bunch of things associated with a DAM conceptually.   A:  A way to browse images -- Instead of opening each...

• Neofinder as DAM

Neofinder is a potential DAM.  Fairly cheap at 40 euros, it now reads and writes XMP files.   This requires a more awkward workflow:  Neofinder is your DAM, Luminar, for it, is an external editor. ...

• Where should a DAM store metadata?

The following question came up on photo.stackexchange.com:   In my search for a perfect photo management application (I know :) I've been doing a bit of comparison between the few applications that...

• Work spaces.

There's an text processor that has a "take over your computer mode" and it banishes all other applications, and has a single screen of text, very few controls visible.  It's for NO distraction, put...

• Survey: How many people have multiple monitors?

I'm curious.  I've been using multiple monitors for decades.  I've found that I am FAR more productive.   (Terry Pratchet had a setup with 6 monitors.  Asked why he had 6.  "I couldn't fit 8 on my ...

• Multiple monitor support

Answered

I've not checked out the luminar demo -- I'm waiting for DAM.  But for both DAM and editing you need multiple monitor support.  If it's there, keep it.  If not, add it.I have several colleagues wh...

• Multiple ways to do things in the prospective browser.

In another post I show a picture of my 3 screen display.    In general you want multiple ways to do things. E.g.  variable thumbnail size: or   That slider on the bottom right controls the size. ...

• Alpha Testing

One of the failures of Adobe products in general is a wretched, inconsistent user interface. One of the things that Skylum could do would be to run Alphatests using TeamViewer or other screen share...

• Thoughts on Browser + DAM + Editor

I've been looking at photo workflows for some time.  I've used browssers like XnViewMP, editors like lightroom.  Most of  my experience is with Aperture.   I've come to realize that photographers h...