• Total activity 134
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 12
  • Subscriptions 47

Activity overview

Latest activity by Sherwood Botsford

Sherwood Botsford commented,

The advantage of doing it this way is that Skylum itself then can make addons.  You charge some small fee for add ons, but after an major update or two, they are included in the basic package.  E.g...

It should NOT include a simple border function. It should include a well defined API for other people to add functionality to SkyLum.  One reason photoshop is popular is that there are thousands of...

In general software companies should target the lowest common denominator. For mac right now: Mavericks  5% Mountain Lion 10% El Capitan 15% Sierra 20% High Sierra 48% If I were a developer I would...

The dam is only incidentally a viewer, and I consider it to be a separate function of browsing pictures.   DAMs are for editing and searching for metadata.  Browsing is a function of a DAM but most...

More to the point is to have customized meta-data views.     I can choose what fields a given metadata view shows:   If the DAM properly supports XML data then in principle ALL fields are support...

My point 3 wasn't about image editing, but about metadata editing. But image editing isn't a function of the DAM. Consider the following model: * You have a DAM.  You can have any of a number of im...

@K.G.   Wrong.  The only thing the DAM has to get right is data integrity, data portability and data editing.     Data integrity is a matter of database design.  Not trivial, but not rocket science...

Steve - I think Tom was referring  to my software recs request in my link.  In this link I give a fairly detailed view of my wishlist for photo management software.  This list has gone through seve...

Tom -   Not features of most photo manager programs, or implemented at very crude levels.   Keywording: * Often clunky.  Either picking from an extensive list, or manually typing each one is common...

Hmm.  Fits with my work with Aperture too.  Much of the host app is unavailable. Doesn't  have to be that way.  If you have fully re-entrant code, then each instance of an image edit is independent...