• Total activity 33
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 4
  • Subscriptions 13

Activity overview

Latest activity by Ian Chou

Ian Chou commented,

I moved to ON1 Photo Raw. I still use Luminar Flex occasionally, but am using it less and less now. ON1 is slightly more sluggish than Luminar was, but that is improving with each release. 

Ian Chou commented,

I gave up with Luminar. having to have the Catalog on my local drive was not preferable and even then it did not completely solve the issue with it losing the connection to the photos on the NAS. A...

Ian Chou created a post,

Cannot Locate Folder

Answered

After a long time away from Luminar 4, I started it up again. It had warning triangles on all of my photos indicating it could not locate the folder that were in (again). I tried the Locate Folder ...

Ian Chou commented,

I have found both Luminar 3 and 4 to be quite unstable when I store the catalog on the NAS. It has forced me to recreate the catalog and lose all my edits over and over. Now I store the Catalog on ...

Ian Chou commented,

Just installed 3.0.2. It is much more stable. I have not gotten the spinning wheel anymore. Switching between albums is fast and selecting an image to edit is fast. However, the initial load when i...

Ian Chou commented,

I would also really like to have this functionality.

Ian Chou commented,

Does that to me sometimes when I launch it. I have to force quit and restart, and then it starts up. At least into the window with the previews, before I most likely get the beach ball.

Ian Chou commented,

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. I use AppCleaner to remove files associated with L3.

Ian Chou commented,

Or a preference or toggle that turns on showing contents of subfolders or not.

Ian Chou commented,

Mac OS 10.11.6. Mac Pro Early 2008. 20GB RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7950. Photos and Catalog are on a Synology NAS. L3 Cache = 62 GB. ~46K Images I can still get it to freeze with a beachball if I click an...