• Total activity 11
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 2
  • Subscriptions 2

Activity overview

Latest activity by John Lilley

John Lilley commented,

I agree that Luminar is a pretty slick piece of software. I just feel like I was suckered into purchasing it based on the promise of a forthcoming DAM. I’m still waiting after over 2 years. 

John Lilley commented,

No it has a file browser. They can call it a DAM but any so-called DAM that does not even support keywords or other basic DAM abilities is not a DAM. “But remember, Luminar can still not handle met...

John Lilley created a post,

So disappointed

Answered

I purchased Luminar 2018 because of the promise of a forthcoming DAM. I bought the upgrade to Luminar 3 fort the same reason. Her we are, months later, and still no DAM. The existing "DAM" is nothi...

John Lilley commented,

David, good point! The Lightroom catalog is really big so I suspect that you are correct about the edits being there. Still hoping for a good DAM for Mac with hierarchical keywords and the ability ...

John Lilley commented,

Thanks, Angela. I'll be looking forward to the DAM release. Hopefully it will allow me to leave the Adobe world!  

John Lilley commented,

Robert and David, thanks for the replies. I do understand all that. But the fact is that the sidecar files that Lightroom generates are very tiny, and contain the history. I can create virtual copi...

John Lilley created a post,

non-destructive editing

I really like Luminar 2018. But I was hoping that it would eventually be a Lightroom replacement when the DAM is released. But after processing a raw image with only very minor adjustments, the re...