Robert Garnett

Retired accountant with a passion for wildlife. I use Nikon D850 and D500 bodies with mainly 70-200 and 200-400 Nikkor lenses.

• Total activity 71
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 43
  • Subscriptions 12

Activity overview

Latest activity by Robert Garnett

Robert Garnett commented,

Tom I share your problem and I have the same hardware but my files are from my Nikons D500 and D850. At my age speed isn't everything, provided I don't have to wait so long that I have forgotten wh...

It is a matter of terminology Tom & Denis. When you set your default workspace it saves what it sees. But there are two ways to collapse all filters. When you have your favourite filters in the wor...

Great news, thanks Mariia

Robert Garnett created a post,

Loupedeck keyboard

Hi Team, I see that one of the prizes in your monthly competition is a Loupedeck keyboard. I know these were designed for use with Adobe Lightroom but is it now compatible with Luminar 2018?

Hi Arjan, Thanks for reminding me that Nik Collection can be used with L18. I had given up using it as the filters in Luminar are more powerful, but I miss the flexibility of control points. Afraid...

Hi Kim, Am I correct in assuming that you have already tried using the Denoise filter? Noise in the background looks to be the problem rather than across the whole image. In similar situations I us...

Hi Phil. You didn't say which of the sliders was causing the problem. I presume it doesn't happen with luminance, which will darken or lighten parts of the image that contain the colour relative to...

You can also use the Denoise Filter (Luminosity slider) to achieve a smoothing effect in conjunction with one of the mask tools to retain clarity on your selected subject. I generally apply this fi...

Guy, I disagree with your suggestion. The FB Skylum Support page was full of comments from trolls and others whining and complaining, which detracted from the few who were actually looking for or g...

Hi John, NDE seems to spawn a number of myths and mysteries, but let me try to suggest how you can contain file sizes. #1 using Photos, Lightroom or any other photo-editor as the host and Luminar a...