• Total activity 38
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 0
  • Subscriptions 14

Activity overview

Latest activity by Remo Coon

Remo Coon commented,

Margarita, I can do that one at a time but I wondered if there was a way to do the whole folder of profiles for my two different Sony cameras. I got as far as what you describe, but one at a time o...

Remo Coon created a post,

question about speed

Answered

Does the graphics card, if any, influence speed either in the initial load/analyze or in the editing process? I ask because I'm trying to choose a new MacOSX computer. Thanks.

Remo Coon commented,

The new way to use dcp camera profiles is welcome! Now is there an easy way to install all the profiles for a given camera so I don't have to use a file manager popup each time?

Remo Coon commented,

It is already there and was in the previous version as well. Look for the eyedropper on the same line as the white balance under "develop".

Remo Coon commented,

Sometimes things are not as they first seemed. When opening an image from FastRawViewer in my trial version of Affinity, it takes 4 to 6 seconds. When opening the same image in Luminar, the latest,...

Remo Coon commented,

If it happens again I will try but I have no idea at this time how to do that. The report to Apple is done via a popup dialog box from the OS.

Remo Coon commented,

Crashed (disappeared) while doing a routine edit. Sent the report to Apple.

Remo Coon created a post,

Speed!

My speed for initial load of an image to the point where I can edit it went from about 14s seconds to about 4 seconds.   Congratulations!

Remo Coon commented,

I have and sometimes use RawTherapee and I don't understand how it equates to a DAM. From within it I can browse my file system, display the shots in a given folder, edit one and either save it or ...

Remo Coon commented,

I second the request and I'm not color blind. I have seen this in other products. They simply display three numbers (RG and B) and I think that it takes a log guesswork out of some operations.