Ken Haley

I live in South Africa, only an hour or so's drive from Kruger National Park. My photographic passions are wildlife and travel photography - I want my photos to look their very best. I live in an area with expensive and slow internet and objected to Adobe's increasing move to a cloud based product, I switched to Luminar at the end of 2017. Like many others I'm anxiously waiting for the release of the DAM, but am otherwise happy with my decision to make the move.

• Total activity 51
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 0
  • Subscriptions 17

Activity overview

Latest activity by Ken Haley

Ken Haley commented,

Thanks Elena, I will leave things as they are - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Ken Haley created a post,

Update 4.3.2

Answered

I am still running Mac OS Catalina (I will wait for Mac OS Big Sur to stabilise before upgrading), is there any reason/benefit why I should now update to Luminar 4.3.2? 

Ken Haley commented,

Thanks Elena, I'm very much looking forward to more details being released soon as to how the new Luminar AI will help my workflow.

Luminar AI - Erase & Cloning

Answered

In a recent YouTube video it was stated that Luminar AI will not include layers - how will this affect the erase and clone functions which in Luminar 4 create new layers?

Ken Haley commented,

Hi Elena, Thanks for your response. Can you please clarify whether the noise reduction algorithms in Luminar AI will be the exactly the same as those in the current Luminar 4, or is the development...

Noise Reduction

Answered

I raised a question a week ago asking if Luminar AI would have improved noise reduction over what is currently provided in Luminar 4. So far, no response from the development team. My concern as a ...

Ken Haley commented,

I think I read that Luminar AI will not support third party plugins. My primary focus is wildlife photography where shutter speed and low light often require high ISO levels. Currently with Luminar...

Ken Haley commented,

I missed the webinar today, will it be available to watch later and when will further information regarding Luminar AI be made available to those of us who have already purchased it and joined this...

Ken Haley commented,

I agree with Olaf's comment - Skylum please do not sacrifice long-term user loyalty at the expense of adding AI features to possibly attract new customers. I like the app very much and really do wa...

Ken Haley commented,

I too would very much welcome the introduction of virtual copies into Luminar. The ability to have side by side images with different looks applied to help decide which works best, or colour v blac...