David Tillett

A POM who has unexpectedly found himself spending his retirement transported to Sydney ending up with a wife and 2 dogs, just about to celebrate 3 years here. Took my first photos 60 years ago with a Box Brownie. Interest in photography has come and gone over the years but rekindled by the advent of digital photography and processing, far more convenient and less smelly than when I printed my own B&W photos. Connecting to Australia via photos and using Luminar to go beyond Lightroom.

• Total activity 108
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 5
  • Subscriptions 43

Recent activity by David Tillett Sort by recent activity Recent activity Votes
  • Mac Luminar 3.1 Lightroom plugin support

I have just upgraded to 3.1 and the ability to transfer files from Lightroom to Luminar 3 is still working, loads in plug in mode with an apply button which sends the adjusted image back to Lightro...

• Something to try if Luminar 3 crashes on load

I am becoming more convinced that the problems that have occurred since the 3.0.2 upgrade are linked to the introduction of the automatic database backup. I suspect that Luminar tries to access the...

• Observations on catalogue/backup issues

A copy of an email that I have just sent to Support. "Some observations on database/backup corruption issues when running on latest update to Mojave on iMac. I have not had any problems with Lumina...

• How to access database backups?

3.0.2 has introduced regular database backups, but how does one access a backup to roll the database back? I thought that if one held the option key down when starting Luminar that this would displ...

• A few hours with 3.0.2 on iMac

I don't know if I am fortunate or getting advantages from a cautious approach to using Luminar 3 but unlike many others I have not had many problems with Luminar 3 running on a year old iMac with 3...

• Impressed at first sight

Apologies to those of you not in Australia, Austria and Canada but Skylum are testing out their release mechanism by giving users in these countries access to Luminar 3 before the official release ...

• Alignment in Aurora 2019

Not quite sure what selection criteria were used, perhaps being in Australia, but Skylum sent me the link and activation code for Aurora 2019 yesterday. I have been doing some basic testing and ini...

• Mask density slider

I may be missing something but it seems to me that the Density option is working in a way that reduces its usefulness. At the moment if the Density is reduced from default of 100 towards 0 then are...

• Initial experiences with 1.3

I have upgraded to 1.3 and first impressions are generally very favourable. Several of the performance issues I had before, such as image quality changing when moving sliders, have been dealt with....

• Confused about automatic lens correction

I use an Olympus OMD EM5 mk2 camera which is a micro 4/3. I believe that lens correction information for these cameras is recorded in the metadata of its RAW files. When I load one of these RAW fil...