David Tillett

A POM who has unexpectedly found himself spending his retirement transported to Sydney ending up with a wife and 2 dogs, just about to celebrate 3 years here. Took my first photos 60 years ago with a Box Brownie. Interest in photography has come and gone over the years but rekindled by the advent of digital photography and processing, far more convenient and less smelly than when I printed my own B&W photos. Connecting to Australia via photos and using Luminar to go beyond Lightroom.

• Total activity 108
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 5
  • Subscriptions 43

Activity overview

Latest activity by David Tillett

David Tillett created a post,

Mac Luminar 3.1 Lightroom plugin support

I have just upgraded to 3.1 and the ability to transfer files from Lightroom to Luminar 3 is still working, loads in plug in mode with an apply button which sends the adjusted image back to Lightro...

David Tillett commented,

Hi Anna, I understand that following the upgrade it will not be possible to call Luminar 3 as a plugin from Lightroom etc., but will it still be possible to call other plugins and open in applicati...

Something to try if Luminar 3 crashes on load

I am becoming more convinced that the problems that have occurred since the 3.0.2 upgrade are linked to the introduction of the automatic database backup. I suspect that Luminar tries to access the...

David Tillett commented,

Not sure if this is the same situation but I had a file with blank thumbnail that was stuck in Trash. I have just cleared it by clicking on "Put Back", so now have empty Trash. I think that the und...

David Tillett commented,

Hi Tony, Yes, accessing Luminar from Lightroom does restrict its functionality, no catalogue access, not able to call plugins etc. However, it is still the same program that is being called, presum...

Observations on catalogue/backup issues

A copy of an email that I have just sent to Support. "Some observations on database/backup corruption issues when running on latest update to Mojave on iMac. I have not had any problems with Lumina...

David Tillett commented,

Steve, If you Google "Mojave Facebook Integration" you will find that in the Mojave upgrade Apple removed the integration of Facebook, Twitter etc. Applications that used this integration, and I as...

David Tillett commented,

As the crop is there after a reload it sounds like some form of timing issue that causes the signal that the crop has been recorded not to be acted on to return to the main editing screen. So your ...

David Tillett commented,

I think Luminar only imports into a Catalogued folder. However, you can create a new folder (click on + on RHS of Folders header), or add a new subfolder to an existing folder (Right click on paren...

David Tillett commented,

Hi Angela, Your approach makes sense but seems to be at odds with the first response I got from Support. This said "Currently, we do suggest using the automatic back-up function with the help of Op...