• Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 0
  • Subscriptions 19

Activity overview

Latest activity by David Roby

David Roby created a post,

Filters on a rotated image

I edited some JPEGs, some of which needed rotating. After rotation I tried to use the eraser tool. The tool appeared on the screen, not where I wanted to effect the erasure, but where it would have...

David Roby commented,

Have you checked Lightroom's 'All Photographs' option rather than the 'Previous Import' option? I have experienced the apparent 'loss' of a file after leaving Luminar but found it in 'All Photograp...

David Roby commented,

I have upgraded my PC to 16Gb of RAM and installed a SSD. My Skylum software is now running satisfactorily. Maybe the 'minimum requirements' should be amended to inform potential buyers that Aurora...

David Roby commented,

I have written before on these pages and sent information regarding my system to Support (as described above). My problem continues to be the incredibly slow exporting time to return a file edited ...

David Roby commented,

From bitter experience, Janis, I can tell you that exporting can take 20, 30, 40 minutes or longer, even after applying minimal edits in Luminar. I thought the last update had solved my problems bu...

Performance regression

Having experienced problems with my initial download of Luminar, I was delighted with the fix that Skylum came up with and everything was fine, files were being exported to Lightroom in a matter of...

Practically unusable Aurora

I have just made a big mistake. I sent a single image from Lightroom into Aurora instead of Luminar. After waiting 82 minutes I eventually got my image back into Lightroom; I had selected one prese...

David Roby commented,

Make sure you check in "All photographs" and not just "Previous import"  

David Roby commented,

I have installed the 'fix' version and it works! Hallelujah and many thanks to the techies at Skylum who have sorted out the problem against a backdrop of complainers and moaners such as myself. I ...

David Roby commented,

Working on a TIFF file generated from a RAW file in Lightroom, applying a filter or two in Luminar, exporting has on occasion been incomplete after 90 minutes, at which point I have given up, switc...