• Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 7
  • Subscriptions 12

Activity overview

Latest activity by David Dunk

David Dunk created a post,

Luminar 4.2.0

Answered

Ok after some very brief testing so far... First of all, thank you for fixing the Plugin functionality.Not sure how much I'll want to use the AI Augmented Sky feature but re: the built-in Object Se...

David Dunk commented,

Unfortunately this 4.1.1 update has broken the plugins functionality on my Mac running Catalina. Not one of my listed plugins work, including Aurora, Photolemur and all Topaz apps. So...once again....

New 4.1 update...so far, so good

Answered

Last update turned out to be a crashing nightmare.  So, I have done some heavy editing of JPG and Fuji RAW images to test this new update.Used multiple layers with clone and stamping, erasing, sky ...

David Dunk commented,

It has already been confirmed...the update was pulled. It was a crash nightmare.

David Dunk commented,

Of all the issues I've personally had with Luminar, its integration with Apple Photos is not one of them. From the initial launch of Catalina I've had no problems with Luminar as an extension. Not ...

David Dunk commented,

I don't know about that.  I am one of the early adopters and had random crashes...and I mean MANY crashes...that I didn't have with 4.0. Deleting Luminar with AppCleaner using the default settings ...

David Dunk commented,

Graeme... I have the same issues as you with 4.1 so I found that link to the 4.0 DMG install file. Installed right on top of the 4.1 version and I'm now back to 4.0. This is where I will stay until...

David Dunk commented,

The term “fragile” is a very good way to describe database problems with Luminar. I have had very few issues to date but recently a slip of the mouse during a folder drag caused the exact problem y...

David Dunk commented,

Although I haven’t had the time for an in depth study of 3.1.2 I have, so far found it to be VERY fast when browsing my catalog of images. There’s a definite speed improvement here. Luminar also la...

Luminar 3.1...seems better...so far.

So far this update has been a positive experience for me. Once the library (thumbnails) all updated I started doing some test work. I only have a library of about 9000 images in Luminar so I don't ...