Bruce Bovill

Using 16GB Apple iMac 2015, 8GB MacBook Air 2015, Apple iPhone 7, Canon EOS 100D, Canon Powershot S95, Nikon D90. Processing JPG using Photos and Skylum software as extensions of Photos. More of a snapper than a 'photographer'. I don't seek to create fine art, just to record life around me as well as I can. Life stopped for a time, now I want to savour every moment. There's a lot of life around me, so there are a lot of pictures.

• Total activity 47
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 8
  • Subscriptions 12

Activity overview

Latest activity by Bruce Bovill

Bruce Bovill commented,

That's strange as it always worked fine for Sierra and Mojave on my Macs. It is just the dropping of 32-bit apps in macOS that has been an issue that Skylum can't correct, which is strange as I had...

Bruce Bovill commented,

I'm learning how to change the effects I want using native Photos since Photolemur ceased to work as an extension with that product. Photolemur isn't essential and if they can't be bothered to make...

Bruce Bovill commented,

Hi Lawrence, yes they always worked for me when used standalone with Catalina but the problem is that I don't use the products in that way. They are only useful to me as Photos extensions. The poin...

Bruce Bovill commented,

Hi Colin, yes, of course, I knew that 32-bit wouldn't be supported; that was always going to happen and Mojave has been warning me about it for some time. I rarely use the Adobe Photoshop product a...

Bruce Bovill commented,

I actually stopped using Luminar a while back, but I do use Photolemur and Aurora a lot as Photos extensions. All three suffer the same problem with Catalina so it will be good when it everything s...

Bruce Bovill commented,

I'm pleased to hear that Catalina will be supported (why did I ever think not?) I have a problem with Photolemur, and all products from Skylum when used with Catalina - that is, they do not work as...

Bruce Bovill commented,

It's an elementary error they have made. They should have ported to Windows in the background then put it out as an invited public beta, based people who had indicated an interest in that platform....

Bruce Bovill commented,

To be fair, if creating a decent working DAM was easy, there's be a massive choice out there. With the bar having been set by the likes of Lightroom, anything new has to not only match the most imp...

Bruce Bovill commented,

@Luis Mederos I don't think we need to agree to disagree as I definitely agree about your basic point regarding the mismatch of marketing hype and coding reality. That's an issue that I hope Skylum...

Bruce Bovill commented,

Hi Luis, it contributes in a couple of ways.  First it explains that use and purchase of Luminar for some users is not entirely dependent on there being a DAM, either immediately, or at all. That's...