Luminar Neo 1.6.0: Magic Light AI, new camera support, and more

Pinned Featured

Comments

11 comments

Kristian Grönvall

Magic Light is an interesting and fun feature.
    I shot some photos the other day to try it out and I’m sorry to say that it’s underperforming and not up to par with what I expected.

There are too many light sources not identified by the AI, making it useless in some images.
    See the attached images (before/after) Magic Light, where light sources in a row that should have been identified is missed by the AI.

It would be better to have too many light sources that too few, as it’s possible to remove the unwanted ones with mask/erase but not possible to add missing ones.

Maybe an improvement would be to add a sensitivity slider, where the user can control how many “bright spots” that should be identified as light sources.

Comment actions Permalink
    Agatha Winter

Hi Kristian,

Could you please send us an original file (unedited) for testing?

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Sven Israël

Works more smoothly? It doesn't work at all anymore on my system since this update. It crashes on almost each action I want to execute. Urgent fix is needed or the possibility to execute a rollback.

André Paul

Does the "Magic Lights" extension work on RAW as well as JPEG images? In my case, it does not seem to work on some of my images, and I could not figure out, why.

What are the restrictions? Is there a detailed technical document that I could look up?

Thanks for any hints,

André

Hugues Jardin

cette mise à jour est une catastrophe. Merci de corriger les très nombreux bug. fusion HDR ne fonctionne plus. tout est lent.

Andreas Büker

After updating to 1.6.0, the software crashes in the "Enhance AI" editing module. This software is currently unusable for me. Please make it possible to downgrade back to version 1.5.

Katherine Nelson

Hi guys! We'd be really grateful if you reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you with the issues you have encountered.

C Schrameyer

We’ve all submitted support ticket. We are waiting on a fix or way to rollback. Software too unstable to use at this point

Tony Fung

Please give us rollback function. Current version is very slow.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Tony Fung,

To roll back to the previous version, please reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you with that.

David Chau

Hi Tony F.

I also find version 1.6.1 has slowed down so much for my system; and I don't believe my system is that old:  i7-8700, Nvidia gtx 1070.  To be fair, the support team is very helpful, but something tells me it's the program that causes all the bugs I am experiencing with Luminar Neo.  If you can answer me this question:  Can you view the edited pictures in the "Catalog" window by using the left and right arrow keys, or the mouse before exporting them?  I can only view the edited pictures in their original state within the "Catalog" window.  In order for me to see the end result, I literally have to click on each picture, then go into "Edit" mode to see the finished product.  I have about 66 pictures that I am working right now.  Can you imagine all those clicks, back and forth?  Would be nice if I can view them before exporting, this way, I can see what I miss before exporting them.

Please sign in to leave a comment.