Topaz Photo AI vs. Topaz Denoise AI vs. Luminar Noiseless AI

Comments

4 comments

And here is the same image first developed in NEO, then exported as a TIFF, and then denoised in TPAI.

Conclusion:

The denoising result here is the best of all. Significantly more denoised than the variant with Noiseless AI.

Comment actions Permalink
    John West

Very interesting, If you have access to Digital Camera Magazine December 2022 (sometimes available through your library) you can download 'Denoise Projects 2" with an activation code for free, both for Windows and Mac.

I did this yesterday and was quiet impressed with the result on an otherwise unusable image.

Hi John,

Thanks for the info. I know the products from Franzis Verlag. What bothers me about it, however, is that Franzis earns its nose with every product. Everything is sold individually. That is quite a rip-off in my eyes. Otherwise, some of the products are not bad. There is already version 4 of Denoise, but I think it is important that the software runs natively on Apple Silicon. On the homepage, there are only system requirements for Windows, none for Mac.

I usually use either Noiseless AI from Luminar, or Denoise AI from Topaz or Topaz Photo AI to denoise my images. With the latter, the denoising mode for RAWs has now been improved, so that there is no more loss of detail, as I had pointed out above.

LG, Dutchman

John West

Hi and thanks for the reply. The Ver. 4 will not run on a Mac only Ver. 3 at the moment. I was going to include the original RAW file but limited to jpeg's.

Just wanted to put the information out there in case someone wanted some free software.

Cheers

Please sign in to leave a comment.