Is Luminar Neo capable of generating images with ADOBE RGB profil ?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Jean,

You can change the color space of the file in the Export window. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Comment actions Permalink
    Jean Pastiere

Thanks Kate.

However, is it possible to change the working space into ADOBE RGB ? because if the working space is SRGB then using ADOBE RGB during the export has no utility. Thanks.

Kate Williams

Hi Jean, 

Luminar Neo is color managed. It means that it interprets which color profile is selected on your operating system and adjusts to it. 

You can check what color profile is currently running in your system by doing the following:

Press the Windows logo key + R.
    Type colorcpl in the dialog box that opens and press Enter on your keyboard. There will be a list of color profiles installed in your system.

Jean Pastiere

Hi Kate,

I think there is a misunderstanding either from my side or from your side concerning the color profiles and the color spaces.

For me the profile that is selected on my operating system is just the screen profile that I generated when I calibrated my screen.

For me the working color space used by luminar neo when we edit RAW files is something different. Normally we could choose to work in the ADOBE RGB color space, the SRGB color space, etc. This is the case for instance in photoshop, canon DPP, etc.

For instance, if I decide to export my image in the ADOBE RGB color space then if I had the ability to set the working space to ADOBE RGB then I could have an overview of the colors of my final image before exporting it in the ADOBE RGB color space.

Similarly,  if I decide to export my image in the SRGB color space then if I had the ability to set the working space to SRGB then I could have an overview of the colors of my final image before exporting it in the SRGB color space.

So still I don't know what is the working color space that is used by Luminar Neo.

Elena Blum

Hi Jean,

In Luminar you can choose between 3 color spaces in which you'd like to export an email:

While working in the app it adjusts to the color profile you have on your monitor.

Jean Pastiere

Hi Elena,

unfortunately your answer is the same as Kate's answer. It seems you haven't read my last post or you didn't understand it.

I have asked the question in Luminar Insiders chat and some one told me that he thinks he reads somewhere that Luminar doesn't support color management at the moment. 

Can you confirm this ? if it's true then it's really disappointing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.