Luminar Neo using 55 GB of Application Memory

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Tania Taylor

Hi Paul Carpenter!

At the moment, Luminar relies more on CPU and RAM rather than GPU. The application can use the maximum amount of RAM when you work with it, but as soon as you finish the editing, the consumption of the RAM should drop again. Could you please contact us at skylum.com/support so that we could investigate your case? Please send us the following info as well:

• A screenshot of your Catalog file structure;
    • Where are your original files located (on an internal or external drive)?
    • What's the format and size of files you're working with?
    • What adjustments usually cause the memory leak?

Thank you in advance!

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Paul,

this is old hat. Lumianr has been struggling with memory for years...every last GB is hogged. For years they have wanted to improve this...

About your specific problem: What Skylum doesn't tell you when you buy it is that you always have swap when editing a single image with 16 GB of RAM. The indication, 8 GB RAM or more are total nonsense. Of course it also runs with it, but how slow and in the background the memory cells of your SSD are sent to the grave.

Skylum must finally do something here...other manufacturers can do that too.

Milo Cho

With the last update to Neo, I have been getting this problem more and more frequently.  I have to force quit the app and open Neo again to figure out what edits were processed and which were not.  Apparently, the consumption of RAM dropping down again won't work if the system runs out.  

Paul, what did support tell you about this?   

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Milo Cho,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Milo Cho

I just updated Neo to the newest version 1.6.1, and so I am hoping for improvement before I submit my third support ticket since Neo was released.

Please sign in to leave a comment.