I must be a naive idiot

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Agatha Winter

Hi Nicholas,

We appreciate your taking the time and sharing your feedback with us.

The catalog migration from Luminar 4 to Luminar Neo is planned. However, because of the updated core architecture in Luminar Neo, it will take some time for our engineers to make the migration process possible.

Nevertheless, I have a workaround for you. Enthusiasts from Cyme created a migration tool from Luminar 4 to Luminar AI (for macOS only): https://cyme.io/migrating-from-luminar-4-to-luminar-ai/

You can migrate your catalog to Luminar AI and then to Luminar Neo using our migration tool. 

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Nicholas,

True words and welcome to the world of Skylum.
    Well, it's quite gruesome what was done there under the old CEO. Many promises...many things were not kept. But Skylum, it must be acknowledged, is trying to get better. Without praising NEO to the skies, it is better than anything that has gone before. Shadows only come from the fact that Skylum continues to overload users with new tools in a desperate attempt to offer something similar to the competition. Yes, the new extensions are great, if only they would all work. I have already written a few posts on this. I think Skylum would have been better off releasing just one or two extensions, but then also in a functionality that is no longer beta. Skylum still needs to learn more here. Even well-known photographers criticize this about Skylum. And here Skylum must be careful that they do not scare away all customers. Because the competition on the market does not sleep and many others then do it better.

Agatha has already written the necessary for the migration of the Luminar 4 catalog. In December Skylum's own tool for this should come out. Of course, this should have been much earlier and at best no extra tools would have been necessary for this, but during the installation a query would have come whether the catalog should be transferred to the new program. And then it would have already happened with the installation. And it is exactly about such small things. Here Skylum has to rethink.

Maybe Luminar is only useful as a plugin and not as a standalone application. But wait...Skylum only gives Lightroom and Photoshop the plugin. Other software like Affinity Photo, DXO PhotoLabs, ON1, Topaz etc. are not supported. And there we have it again...please Skylum, be more modern here and implement what the customers want.

Londinense

Member,

Luminar Neo works perfectly well as plug-in with On1 PhotoRaw. I use it frequently.

Howard Lebowitz

Bring back the spririt of MacPhun!

Please sign in to leave a comment.