Answered

Comments

6 comments

Hi Michael,

You can NOT use the following extensions via Apple Photos:

HDR Merge
    Focus Stacking
    Gigapixel AI

You can only drag images into these tools via the NEO catalog. So they do not work via Apple Photos.

On the other hand, the Supersharp AI, Background removal AI and Noiseless AI extensions work via Apple Photos.

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Cohen

I am not having the same experience.  When using Apple Photos and using the extensions...only HDR Merge is available.

Stand alone version of Neo ALL of the extensions are available.

Please advise...

Linus Drouhard

I can use use only Noiseless AI, Supersharp AI and Magic Light AI.  I do not have access to Upscale or Background Removal available in Photos.  I am trying the during the free trial period until Jan 16.  If this is not resolved this will CERTAINLY impact my decision to purchase the extensions.

I am using Photos as my DAM (Digital Access Manager), and still haven't seen the promised Luminar DAM that is worth much. I need a DAM to work seamlessly with Mac OS.  If Neo continues to not be well integrated into Photos, I will be shopping around to some of the other very capable photo editing programs out there.  It's a shame really, because Neo does some things very well.

Please advise.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Linus Drouhard,

The extensions that involve processing more than one photo at once (such as HDR Merge) can now be used only in the standalone mode. However, we’ve already added the ability to open several files in the plugin mode to our roadmap and are exploring its implementation. 

Linus Drouhard

What about upscale and background removal? They are currently not available in plug in mode but do work standalone. It is VERY kludgy to export photos to process them and then reimport them into Photos. There has to be a better workflow or I will be looking elsewhere for editing software.

Katherine Nelson

Linus Drouhard,

Since Upscale AI require dragging the images to the tool from the catalog, I'm afraid currently it cannot be used in a plugin mode but we are working on it.

Concerning Background removal AI, it's available in the Edit panel > Layer Properties > Masking > Background Removal AI.

Please sign in to leave a comment.