Sample Images in Luminar Neo

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Hi Michael,

what kind of example pictures do you mean? I don't have any there. Please take a screenshot.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tania Taylor

Hi Michael Garcia!

Could you please tell us if you removed them by right-clicking > Remove from Catalog? You can right-click on the sample images > Show in Finder and delete them on your drive.

Michael Garcia

Tania, thank you for asking. I have attached a link to a screen recording of what I'm experiencing. Interestingly, I have to delete the "sample images" folder found in the Luminar Catalog folder or the images keep returning. Luminar Neo seems to read that folder and recognize it is empty and repopulates it with the same sample photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/822qagw7om906sy/Screen%20Recording%202022-11-16%20at%2011.40.02%20AM.mov?dl=0

Michael Garcia

Here are couple screen shots of the folder structure on my MacBook.

Kate Williams

Hi Michael, 

If you delete the "Sample Images" folder in Finder rather than within Luminar, does the same happen? 

Michael Garcia

Hi Kate,

Yes. After trying a few things, I discovered that deleting the images within the folder and leaving only the.json file appears to prevent Luminar Neo from restoring the images when the app is restarted. So it appears to be a software bug. For the time being, it is only an annoyance. I'm not currently using Luminar Neo as a standalone application.

Michael Garcia

UPDATE: No fix. Skylum support was unable to help and stopped checking back with me after their steps failed to help.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Michael Garcia,

Please note that we would never stop replying if the troubleshooting steps didn't help.

I have checked our conversation, my colleague sent you a reply with a few steps to try on November, 22nd. It seems like you have opened an email, but forgot to write back.

If you wish to proceed with the troubleshooting steps, please reply to the last email sent by my colleague.

Michael Garcia

Elena, I apologize for not being clear. I should have stated that "email support" offered some solutions (delete and reinstall, rename the catalog, download from direct link, etc.), which did not work. I informed them as such. Then I stopped getting a response. Yes, the last email I received asked me to do something I had already done from previous suggestions. This tells me they have no fix. So, please give me the benefit of the doubt as the customer and don't make it seem like I'm the issue here. I will respond to that last email as I have before. For goodness sake, please fix your software. Thank you.

I have the same problem, even removing them from the folder, they eventually return

Please sign in to leave a comment.