Comments

3 comments

Patrick Widdess

Same here. The first time I used it it was fine. I created an upscaled image and made multiple edits with no performance issues. Now every time I open an upscaled image It doesn't display properly, editing tools don't work or take ages to update, It eats up all my memory until I get a system message saying that I've run out of memory and have to force quit applications. Neo runs smoothly with other images and I'm using a fairly new macbook pro with M1 chip so it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment actions Permalink

Upscale AI is quite a big bug. Apart from the fact that a file only inflates senselessly, nothing happens. Where Topaz AI restores details, even removes noise and artifacts effectively, the Skylum solution produces a large image that looks worse than the original. A real disappointment. Skylum advertises things that the tool can't do at all. It's a pity, but that only scares away customers. With such a poor performance, a lot of customers will probably opt for Topaz on Black Friday.

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

I am very sorry to hear that the tool does not work well for you. I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support and report these issues to them. They will help you get this sorted out.

Please sign in to leave a comment.