Supersharp doesn't give me options.

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Detlef Lange

Same for me on Windows

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Crombie

No drop down options on either of my two windows computers i installed it on yesterday. Only gives me Motion Blur.

Howard Lebowitz

Same here. Another great Sklyum bug.

Peter Gladstein

Same here - Windows 11 and MacOS 13

Roy Blackwell

This is looking like a case where the person demoing the feature was using a beta version. They usually state at the beginning that this is a beta, and the UI may change. 

Skylum, please let us know what is the story behind the missing choices in Supersharp.

Howard Lebowitz

It makes zero sense that Skylum would offer only Motion Blur. 

This video appears to be using the RELEASE version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N541HjAp-p4

The Skylum website says:

"Supersharp AI refines the blur on an object’s outlines caused by movement, missed focus, or a shaky camera and logically stabilizes the whole photo. The neural network at its core analyses depth, perspective, and the environment of the photo and works out with a compression algorithm. The result is a crisp and naturally sharp photo, just as it was meant to be."

Elena Blum

Hi everyone,

The other options are indeed missing in Luminar Neo Update 1.5.0. We're working on adding them to future versions.

Daniel Sussman

So let me get this straight. For several months now, you’ve been touting the capabilities of this extension. In the days prior to its release, Youtube has been flooded with videos — which I assume were made very recently — showing the capabilities that you now say won’t be showing up until a later version. This is fraud and a betrayal of customers’ good will. I will be requesting a refund for my purchase of this extension. 

Skylum will deliver this function later, as Elena has written.
    But what is all this promise Skylum? Why do you bring an unfinished product to the market again? Between your advertising and the delivery of promises are always worlds! You should slowly come to eye level with your customers, listen and deliver. Instead of releasing 4 extensions, one of which works quite well (Background AI), and the rest should be beamed into the pre-pre-beta, they should rather develop a tool properly and then release it when it works properly. This is really starting to make me mad!

Howard Lebowitz

Daniel Sussman - Not only that but they are STILL showing missed focus on the My Software page even though they know the feature does NOT exist!

Anastasiia Moore

Hi all!

Let me assure you that all your feedback was forwarded to the relevant team.

Howard Lebowitz

Anastasiia Moore

That is all very nice. I have been using your products since the MacPhun days of Creative Kit Pro. Those plugins were very good. I especially liked Tonality.

But in recent days the company has decided to sell subscriptions and deliver unfinished products to the customer while lying to our faces! The promotional material says one thing and management thinks it can just delive whatever.

I am not asking for a refund, but I will think very hard about renewing my subscription. You cannot treat the customers with distain and expect us to keep giving you money.

I kept going with Luminar so as to avoid Adobe products. But at least Adobe delivers great features to its subscribers. Ones that actually work.

Yes, this is great news!

Hi Howard,

I understand what you mean. I am disappointed that Skylum always has the arrogance to lead their customers around by the nose. It stinks to high heaven. And Skylum is scaring away their customers like this, one by one.

The product Luminar is really good, innovative. But you can't rest on your laurels. And instead of getting the many buggy functions under control by regular updates step by step, they just throw again a lot of new functions on the market, which partly don't work or don't work correctly.

And then there is the advertising. Skylum is good, but they don't deliver as advertised. And that's probably the biggest mistake Skylum is making, even under their new CEO.

I don't really have anything wrong with the subscription model. Because a lot of people are jumping on that bandwagon. Adobe led the way in 2015, and others have gradually followed. And if you don't like it, you can always buy something new from Skylum as a lifetime licence.

Besides the improvement of the faulty tools, I would be happy if Skylum finally released a brush that can recognize edges.

- Mask AI needs to be refined.
    - Export needs to finally be industry standard fast.
    - Upscale AI needs to work in such a way that the tool not only performs pixel interpolation, but AI based enhances the image as well.
    - Supersharp AI must be expanded to include the out-of-focus and general functions.
    - Portrait AI still cuts out the portrait uncleanly.
    - Still missing a linear blur filter.
    - and much more...

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Howard Lebowitz & Member,

We appreciate your honest feedback, I forwarded it as well.

We will definitely consider your comments and improve the software based on them.

Appreciate your input!

Please sign in to leave a comment.