Luminar Neo 1.5.0: Four Spectacular new Extensions

Pinned

Comments

16 comments

Kate Williams

Where you can find the Extensions:

Since HDR Merge, Focus Stacking, and Upscale AI require dragging the images to the tool from the catalog, they are available in the Catalog tab on the right-side panel.

You can find Noiseless AI and Supersharp AI in the Edit tab > Tools panel.

Access the Background Removal AI Extension in the Edit panel > Layer Properties > Masking > Background Removal AI.

Please enjoy :)

Comment actions Permalink

I have tried to update my version of Neo to 1.5 (10587?) several times. After downloading the small file, it tries to update but it never completes, saying there is a a problem and suggesting I try again later. What should I do?

Adding to my last comment, I currently have Neo version 1.4.2 (10443).

Elena Blum

Hi Member,

Do you have Windows or macOS?

Peter Davis

I am very disappointed with the upscaling. To start with, there are only 3 fixed settings to upscale. There is no function which allows you put in a size of your choosing. When it comes to upsizing, the image loses the ability of being noiseless and sharpness. I do hope that someone will improve the upscaling feature in the near future, as Luminar Neo is a fantastic program, so until the upscaling is improved, I will be using Topaz Photo AI.

Super sharp not working at all. Freezes, No options. It was the only reason I bought the extensions subscription package. Noiseless is extremely slow at least 60 seconds to process. This product is getting to be a joke.  When do i get what i paid for ? Windows 10, i7 64gb ram.

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

If you are having technical issues with the extensions, we'd appreciate it if you could report them at skylum.com/support so that our team could properly investigate them.

Bill Salopek

Hi guys...

Noiseless and Supersharp don't seem to be doing anything?  They seem to "work on" (process) the file for a few minutes, but then the image looks exactly the same after processing is done?  Are we supposed to see the results right there while editing?  Or maybe they don't take effect til exporting?  Also, I'd suggest a progress bar.  I have Supersharp running right now, it's been about 5 minutes (I have an AMD 3900X and an RX580 GPU), and I have no idea how long its going to take.  And - can I click on anything else while the image is processing?  I'm afraid if I click away, Supersharp will have to start all over again.

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

My extensions don't show. HDR merge disappeared and noiseless AI too. It's like I only see the new extensions and lost my previous once even if it says installed in extensions.

Sury Maturi

Kate,

Apropos Background Removal AI, that is the most useful information, and the location of the command is the most illogical place, IMHO. For people like me who seldom (if at all) use layers, I don't click layer properties, let alone go down the Masking. 

I have not tried the Upscale AI yet, but the rest of the four extensions (Noiseless, Supersharp, MergeHDR, Focus Stacking) and Background Removal worked as advertised for me. I just finished a 50-image stack of Moon and it took roughly two minutes on my i7-32GB Win 11 system. I used both Supersharp and Noiseless on the stacked image and am happy with the results. I have yet to compare it with my default SW (Machinery HDR). Overall, I am pleased with the results, albeit tools have limited options to play with, for the desired results.

With best regards,

Sury

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

If you are experiencing any issues with the extensions, please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Robert Nutter

Since loading the extensions Luminar crashes every time I try to use it. It starts up, shows the previous edit, allows me to select edit single image, lets me choose the image to edit and then crashes out. I have to say that this didn't happen initially when the extensions were loaded a couple of days ago, but now I can't do anything in Luminar Neo at all. 

Tania Taylor

Hi Robert Nutter!

Please check if you can restore from backup. 
    1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

Try to launch Luminar Neo and create a new catalog. If you're able to load the app, please, try the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Navigate to where your previous catalog is stored.
    3. Locate the Backups folder in the catalog and open it.
    4. In the Backups folder, select a file that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and copy the file somewhere where you can easily access it.
    5. Rename the file you just copied by adding the following after the file name (omit quotes): '.luminarneo'.
    6. Start Luminar Neo.
    7. Click Luminar Neo >File > Catalog > Open > point Luminar to the file from Step 5.

If the above steps don't help, please send us the event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue (make the app crash). 
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your message at skylum.com/support
    Andy Stephenson

Noiseless and Supersharp don't seem to be doing anything. I installed them today and had a few suitable photos ready to try them on (quite noisy, a bit blurred). Windows 11 system. 

Everything seems to work, it's quite quick to process the image and it looks like it's doing something. But the effect afterwards is zero. After exporting the images and comparing closely with the originals, there's no detectable difference. I'm feeling a bit let down.

Andy Stephenson

Update on Noiseless not working. If I use it on a Raw file, it seems to spend some time working on the image, but then the image becomes totally black. If you export it, the image remains black. On a jpg it does nothing. I've reported it to Support, with examples. 

Margaret Bright

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sending a report to our support team. They will get back to you shortly!

Please sign in to leave a comment.