Luminar Neo 1.5.0: Four Spectacular new Extensions

Pinned

Comments

11 comments

Kate Williams

Where you can find the Extensions:

Since HDR Merge, Focus Stacking, and Upscale AI require dragging the images to the tool from the catalog, they are available in the Catalog tab on the right-side panel.

You can find Noiseless AI and Supersharp AI in the Edit tab > Tools panel.

Access the Background Removal AI Extension in the Edit panel > Layer Properties > Masking > Background Removal AI.

Please enjoy :)

Comment actions Permalink
    Trish Mennell

Hi!  Is this included in the X membership? I just upgraded but I'm asked to pay for the extensions in Neo.

Geo Snelling

On question, one remark:

• When Luminar Neo is used as a plugin to OSX Photos, Noiseless and Supersharp appear, but not Upscale. Upscale is available if I launch Neo in stand-alone mode. Is this expected? When running as a plugin I may click the Extensions button to bring the extensions update dialog, but what it says is installed doesn't match what I have installed. Is this expected?
    • Not yet impressed with Upscale - results of it from sample 300-500px images don't seem better than a non-AI, filter-based upscale (such as when one slides the zoom viewer on Photos to enlarge the image). Are there docs to indicate more about what photos its best for?
    Margaret Bright

Trish,

The extensions are not included in Luminar X Membership.

Geo,

The Upscale, HDR Merge and Focus Stacking extensions are only available in the standalone app.

As for the issue with Upscale, we'd appreciate it if you could report it to skylum.com/support so that our team could get a closer look at the issue.

Supersharp AI has been struggling with one photo for 15 minutes now and has not worked either in my previous attempts. I know I don't have the fastest computer but stil... Noiseless AI works well in comparison.

Elena O'Brien

Hi there,

If you are experiencing performance issues, please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll do our best to help you.

Chris Rhodes

interesting that more and more "cool new stuff" is only available in the standalone app - thus removing most Apple workflow users from continuing on this journey - you are aware that literally millions of people use Apple workflows to synchronise on all devices and as such you're asking a big leap to get rid of that and go with NEO (not really awesome workflow) or give up on most of the cool things - probably the last payment this year at the moment if more and more insist on breaking existing workflows. 

Tanja Boehnke

I agree with Chris

It is a pity

Kate Williams

Hi Chris, Tanja,

All Extensions that work with a single image (such as Noiseless AI or Supersharp AI) will be accessible when you use Luminar Neo as a plugin

The extensions that involve processing more than one photo at once (such as HDR Merge or Focus Stacking, for example) can now be used only in the standalone mode. However, we’ve already added the ability to open several files in the plugin mode to our roadmap and are exploring its implementation. 

Chris Rhodes

except upscale is for single photos' and doesn't work./...

Kate Williams

Upscale currently requires dragging photos from the Luminar catalog to the tool window, which is why it's located in the Catalog tab and not available in the plugin mode. Nevertheless, we do hope to make all extensions executable when Luminar is invoked as a plugin down the line. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.