Luminar Neo 1.5.0: Four Spectacular new Extensions

Pinned Featured

Comments

12 comments

Kate Williams

Where you can find the Extensions:

Since HDR Merge, Focus Stacking, and Upscale AI require dragging the images to the tool from the catalog, they are available in the Catalog tab on the right-side panel.

You can find Noiseless AI and Supersharp AI in the Edit tab > Tools panel.

Access the Background Removal AI Extension in the Edit panel > Layer Properties > Masking > Background Removal AI.

Please enjoy :)

Comment actions Permalink
    Ken Sandberg

Some instructions would sure be helpful! I've been trying to use upscale from the lightroom plugin and that does not work.

Elena Blum

Hi Ken,

Please note this extension is only working in a standalone.

Ken Sandberg

Yes, sure wish you would fix that, thanks

Those extensions are cool, but it would be great if the many bugs of the software are fixed instead of new payed extensions that will be surely plagued of bugs themselves.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member,

Let me kindly reassure out that our devs are also doing their best to fix all the bugs.

As you can see from the initial post, some of them were caught and resolved.

Len Chapman

Disappointed to find Supersharp does not work as shown in several YouTube Videos where they apparently use a pre release version of Supersharp. These show three different modes plus three levels of sharpening. In the version I have only Motion Blur is available and not Universal and Defocus Modes. Not a lot of benefit and misleading in that the product delivered in not complete. I use Neo as a Photoshop Plug In but I have checked the standalone version and it is the same. Shortcoming needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Len Chapman,

The other options are indeed missing in Luminar Neo Update 1.5.0. We're working on adding them to future versions.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. 

Is always the the same, they show you the final product and what you buy is a half cooked software that "will be fixed in future updates". Really disappointed. The software works fine and is very useful for beginners but the sales team is very misleading. Th undo option stil still doesn't work despite the promises of fixing it in.... of course "future updates"

All extensions have been installed The upscale extension does not work, a new folder is not created. It seems it is working (the circle rotates) but nothing happens. Everything else works correctly. I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but still the same. Thanks for your attention

Agatha Winter

Hi Member,

We're sorry that you encountered this issue. Our devs are aware of the bug and working around the clock to prepare a hotfix. 

You can reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support regarding this issue. Your information may be useful in determining the root of the issue faster. 

Mike Johnston

Using Luminar NEO v 1.5.0 (10587)

I took 10 sets of 3 images with exposure bracketing and focusing at different distances.
    The camera was on a tripod.
    I merged each set of 3 in HDR Merge.
    I then tried to Focus Stack the images.
    I get an error popup that the images are slightly different sizes.

I think Focus Stacking should be able to handle this use case.

Thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.