Upscale does not work

Answered

Comments

40 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Thomas,

Please contact us  https://skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ian Dobson

Same here, nothing seems to happen.

Thomas Heine

I have reported the case to Supportm

Thomas Heine

Problem persists and I am waiting for the answer from the support team.

Margaret Bright

Thomas,

Please note that our support team usually responds within 24 hours. We do our best to get back to each and every one of the customers, who reach out to us, ASAP but due to a high amount of requests, we cannot always reply immediately.

Additionally, due to the war in Ukraine, it might take us longer to reply, since our Team is located here. However, we're doing our best to continue working and get back to everyone as soon as we can.

Hope for your understanding.

manuel moreno

I got the same poblem

Thomas Heine

Update:

At the request of the support team, I have now provided a video with the workflow and now I am waiting for a response. 

Thomas

Josef Walgram

Unfortunately I have the same problem with Upscale and have already contacted support.

Ian Dobson

There must be a specific set of circumstances that are causing this issue. I wonder if it's graphics related. I'm using quite an old system that isn't DirectX 12.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi all!
    Let me kindly reassure you that our support agents are doing their best to reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Robert Cambra

UPDATE: After a lot of trial and error, I found the problem with my issue. Long story short, it turns out that when I tried a merge or an upscale, my antivirus software (Avast) was asking me if I wanted to allow the program Luminar Neo to access my protected pictures folder, but I wasn't seeing those popup windows. But for some reason, the last time I tried it, I was able to see a small part of the popup window in the corner of one of my monitors. Once I said yes, it put Neo in my App Permissions. Tried Merge and Upscale again and both worked perfectly. Hopefully this will help some others.

Initial Issue:

I have mostly the same problem, however my first attempt did create the folder, but no image showed up in that folder, nor have any subsequest attempts showed up in the folder. I do see the spinning dots that looks like it's processing the photo, but when it stops, no photo. Not looking for a specific response but wanted to join in that there's another case of it not working. I have also contacted support.

Werner Bochal

Bei mir funktioniert es auch nicht; 

Thomas Heine

Update

Unfortunately, no solution yet. I have now provided one of the original images to the support team. In the end it doesn't matter which picture I take. It does not work with any of them. 

I also answered the following questions and provided a system information file created with Windows. None of the tips gave a positive result. 

• Where is Luminar Neo installed on your computer?
    • Where are located the photos you're working with - on your internal or external drive?
    • Also, we'd be grateful if you could check the Upscale folder in your Catalog to ensure the processed photo is not there.
    • Do you have any antivirus installed? If so, try to disable it or add Luminar Neo to the exceptions list.
    • Please verify that you have an admin account: https://oit.ncsu.edu/it-security/antivirus/how-to-tell-if-you-are-an-administrator/. Also, could you please run the app as an admin (right-click the app icon > Run as Administrator), launch Luminar Neo and try to use the Upscale extension again?
    Josef Walgram

Thank you Thomas for your information.
    I have also given the system information from my computer to the support.
    Hope to get a solution next week as I am very interested in upscaling.
    But more important is peace in Ukraine and on our earth.

Ian Dobson

I have tried a fresh install as suggested, it had no effect. I was asked to run CCleaner to clean the registry, but I have no intention of running registry cleaners, they are likely to cause more harm than good.
    What I will say though is, in investigating further, it seems the Windows Application Event log is reporting a failure of Luminar Neo with a .Net DLL, Coreclr.dll. Further online searching revealed someone having similar issues with Luminar AI in the past, it apparently turned out to be graphics drivers causing that issue. My PC is a bit oddball in that it has an AMD A10 APU with internal graphics and an old Nvidia workstation GPU (sorry, I don't recall the model right now). I also run Neo on a brand new PC at work and that seems to work fine. It's nearly time I upgraded at home anyway. 😂

Just for the record, I am having the same problem and have contacted Skylum.  They have been very responsive but none of their suggested workarounds have solved the issue so far.  I'm sorry to hear that so many have run into this problem but I am glad to not be alone.  I'm sure a fix is on its way!

Thomas Heine

After several emails with support, this one arrived now. I doubt that this should be the solution and hope that this is not the final answer. :-(

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

Please ensure that you're using an admin account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account  

Hope to gear from you soon.

Thomas Heine

So, I have now created a local administrator account and tried again there. Unfortunately that does not help either. 

Josef Walgram

Uninstalled and reinstalled Luminar Neo according to the instructions in the Skylum support email.
    No solution to the problem with Upscale.

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

Our techs are currently looking into this issue. For those of you, who haven't done this yet, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support so that our team could take a deeper look at all your individual cases.

Josef Walgram

Detail on the side, Topaz Gigapixel AI (Free trail) works without problems on my PC.

But would like to stay with Luminar Neo.

Ian Dobson

I am sure that a solution will appear eventually, I'm sure that the Skylum team will not want to have a loose end, with customers potentially abandoning their application.

What I will say is, I believe that this is likely a specific issue with some commonality between our systems, as I have Neo working well on my work PC (a much newer one I might add).

Werner Bochal

Hallo, gibt es immer noch keine Lösung ?

Ich habe viele Versuche unternommen, aber nur bei 9 Bildern hat das Programm Upscale tatsächlich die gewünschte Skalierung geschafft und in den Upscale-Ordner eingefügt; Nach erfolgter Skalierung gehen weitere Versuche am gleichen Tag nicht mehr.

Thomas Heine

Hallo,

leider noch nicht. Ich habe von Skylum am Wochenende eine Testversion der Software erhalten, mit der ich den Vorgang noch einmal testen sollte. Diese Version erstellte auch eine Logdatei, die ich Skylum zur Verfügung gestellt habe. Jetzt warte ich auf die Auswertung und eine Rückmeldung. Sobald ich eine Antwort erhalten habe, m melde ich mich.

Josef Walgram
    Hello to all,
    my status is like Thomas's, test version to create the LOG files and uploaded them to support.
    Hope there is a solution soon.
    ----
    2022-11-22 11:40:14.5892| INFO| Upscale: MakeUpscale error: image absent in result 
    2022-11-22 11:40:14.5892| INFO| Upscale: error - cant finish upscale 
    ----
    Ian Dobson

Same here Josef, it looks like we are getting a similar issue.

Agatha Winter

Hi guys,

Our devs are aware of the issue and currently investigating it. We hope to prepare a fix soon.

We're sorry for the temporary inconvenience faced! 

Thomas Heine

Unfortunately, no answer yet. I will not mention the problems with other addins here. There are already some posts about this here. Somehow, except HDR Plugin, all other addins do not work properly (either not at all, or only conditionally). 

Thomas

Josef Walgram

With the test build of Luminar Neo "Win_Luminar_Neo_Core_10635.zip" provided today, Upscale works and also the other 5 extensions.
    Waiting now for the release of the version.

Thomas Heine

Thank you for this good News.

Please sign in to leave a comment.