Luminary Neo freezes when I try to export my edited photos.

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Sherri Cavalier

Yesterday and today I was trying to export a couple of single edited RAW files, convert them to jpegs and have the same problem.

Had to force quit every time.

Running Luminar Neo Update 4, version 1.4.2.  I have a Macbook Air, OS Monterey 12.4.

Hope you can help,

Sherri

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi @Carl Conrad, Sherri Cavalier,

Could you please let me know the following: 

1. Do you use any antivirus software on your computer? 

2. How much free space do you have on your computer? 

Please, try reinstalling Luminar Neo with AppCleaner.

AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy. Here's how it can be done:

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open the link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag Luminar from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders on the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarNeo
    • Once you've uninstalled Luminar Neo, restart your Mac and download a fresh version of Luminar from here: 
      https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid

Here is the video tutorial you might find helpfulhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/poak20bxywarzxz/Screen%20Recording%202021-12-28%20at%2012.56.57.mov?dl=0

Sherri Cavalier

Hi Helena,

I used AppCleaner and did all of the steps above with the same freeze problem.

My computer has 57.73 gigs available and I don't have security software running.

I hope that you may have another suggestion.

Thanks,

Sherri

Elena O'Brien

Hi Sherri Cavalier,

Could you please let us know the following:

• It'd be appreciated if you could send us a screenshot of your full Catalog structure.
      Please make sure we can see the total number of photos added and all the folders.

• Are they located on the internal or external drive?
    • What is the model of the camera you are shooting on?
    Sherri Cavalier

Good news! I re-installed my system and the problem has been fixed. I think it was something to do with how my system was handling the original RAW CR2/DNG files as there were some other problems around viewing them in the Finder.

I really appreciate your quick responses to my cry for help.

It looks like I'll be purchasing the new extensions in the next day or so because I'm certainly enjoying using the app.

Thanks again, Sherri @Cavalierart

Chapit Zulkefli

tried the solution given by Helena Carter but my images load slow same goes to export on

Luminar Neo Version 1.5.1 (13306) 
    Macbook Pro 16 inch 2019,
    Processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

seeking from Skylum team on twitter after sending screenshot of my album, didnt get any response yet.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Chapit Zulkefli,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Please sign in to leave a comment.