Luminar Neo: What's all included in the Lifetime License?

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Raymond,

The Lifetime license purchaser get a number of updates, which were promised. If you choose the lifetime license you own it forever, however, we do ship new products/versions, which offer new features, new workflows, new benefits, and these versions are optional for purchase. The lifetime version you own remains functional. With a subscription you get all benefits at a lower price but if you decide to unsubscribe you will lose access to the program.

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Raymond,
    this is actually quite simple.

With a lifetime license you buy the Luminar NEO program and you can use it as long as it is supported by your operating system. You will get some security updates and bug fixes in the course, but no new features or new versions of Luminar.

With a lifetime license you don't have access to the extensions of Luminar NEO. You would have to buy them separately as a bundle. This would also come with a lifetime license and run as long as it is supported by your operating system.

In contrast, the subscription offers some advantages for those who use Luminar NEO more often. Here you  get new features or even a new version of Luminar. Also all current as well as future extensions are included. For all this yoy pay monthly or yearly a certain price. This is analogous to the Photoshop subscription. If you cancel your subscription, you lose access to everything that was subscribed: Luminar NEO and all extensions.

My conclusion:
    For a casual user of Luminar, who mainly uses another image editor and rarely uses Luminar, the one-time purchase is probably better. But if you use Luminar more often and even use it as your main software, a subscription is cheaper.

That's what I think, anyway.

Raymond Sherman

Thank You goes out to both of you for your explanations. I did take a look at the extensions and saw a great variety of presets which appear to be very nice. I would like to know if some presets come with Luminar Neo with the Lifetime license? If so, what type such as skies, textures, etc. and how many of each type? If not, is it just the software alone to run all the presets? Thanks again for your input, I sincerely appreciate it. Ray  

Kate Williams

Hi Raymond ,

Luminar Neo offers a number of pre-installed skies, presets, and textures. 

You can download a free trial here to check them out firsthand: https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid 

As for the subscription that delivers presets/skies, it's called Luminar X Membership; however, it's a separate product (vs Luminar Neo's Pro subscription plan). You can check what it covers here: https://skylum.com/luminar-x-membership-4

Raymond Sherman

Thank You Kate! As soon as I get a chance I will check it out. Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate it!

Please sign in to leave a comment.