Comments

30 comments

Alf Altendorf

Luminar AI 1.5.3  has a bug if used as an extension for apple photos (Ventura): it shows an endless "processing" message.

This bug was already mentioned here in the forum for NEO as well.
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/6952839920274-Mac-OS-13-0-Ventura#_=_

So better do not upgrade. I did unluckily.

Comment actions Permalink
    Margaret Bright

While the official compatibility was not implemented, the app should be running fine on macOS Ventura.

ALESSANDRO CAVALLIN

Con l'installazione di VEntura, Luminar non si apre piu

Agatha Winter

Hi ALESSANDRO,

Let's try the following solution:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo/AI is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog/Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo/AI Catalog folder as well as the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo (luminar.ai) file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Launch Luminar Neo/AI and choose to Create a New Catalog. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in the Pictures folder). 

Let me know how it goes.

Joseph Feeks

I am having the same problem since installing Ventura.  I tried the above suggestions but they did not solve the problem. The Processing message continues and I can't access the Luminar tools through Apple Photos.

Same problem here.

Daniel Szumilas

I need a help as well. I got stuck right before the end of editing photos for my client. Luminar 4 have some problems as well

Mark Rosher

Luminar AI is failing to open under Ventura 13.0

I'm having to fall back to Luminar Neo. Not a happy bunny.

Joseph Feeks

I tried Agatha's recommendation above, where you rename the Catalog folder and then reopen the Luminar app.  It worked for Luminar Neo, which is back to normal, but not for Luminar AI (which I prefer),  Make sure you've downloaded the latest update for Neo through the Luminar Neo app before doing any of the above.   Once that's installed, quit the app and reopen Photos.  Restart your Mac, if needed.

Maksym Hlushko

The same!

Mark Rosher

Skylum reached out and offered this solution:

• Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    • Select a backup that was created before you encountered the issue with the crashes and click Restore from Backup.

By that time though I had deleted my installation and successfully reinstalled from scratch. No big thing for me since I don't rely on the DRM, but you might try the Skylum way first... ;-)

Alan Moore

Upgrading Neo to 1.4.2 solved this problem for me. But oddly, upgrading AI to 1.5.3 had no impact.

Perhaps AI to receive another update?  

Agatha Winter

Hi Alan,

Could you please specify what issue with Luminar AI you've encountered? 

Alan Moore

Hi Agatha - same as the OP's description.

Basically I am opening AI from within Photos (on newly upgraded MacOS Ventura). The AI interface opens but the "Processing" dialogue box never disappears. The target image remains greyed out. 

Dave Ulane

Same issue here as Mr. Moore with AI on OS Ventura.  Incredibly frustrating. Please fix this.

Domenico Trezza

Ok, ho seguito il consiglio di Mark, ora funziona, naturalmente ho dovuto ricreare il catalogo.. grazie.

Dave Ulane

Neither uninstalling and reinstalling AI fixed this for me, nor did restoring from a previous catalog.  Come on Skylum-  in other posts you acknowledged you know of this issue, and would correct once a final version of Ventura was released.  It has been, so let's get this corrected please.

Joseph Feeks

As previously reported, the steps Skylum's Agatha posted 8 days ago resolved the problem with Luminar Neo after I upgraded to Mac OS Ventura. I followed the same steps again today with Luminar AI (my preferred platform) and I still get the "Processing" message. Hope that's addressed soon.

Elena Blum

Hi Joseph , Dave,

The full compatibility for the latest macOS has not yet been implemented in Luminar AI. 

Please stay tuned for the compatibility update, we're working on it right now. 

In the meantime, you should be able to use Luminar AI as a standalone app.

Hanneskaschmir .

Dear Elena! MacOs Ventura is more than 2 weeks old, but no plugin is working. I think it would be fair to grant us Luminar Ai users a special discount on upgrading to Luminar NEO. Please talk to your boss.

Kate Williams

Hi Hanneskaschmir .,

The fix is in the works right now and will be available shortly. 

Meanwhile, please contact us at https://skylum.com/support   
    I'm positive we'll be able to find a special deal for you.
    Kindly make sure to include the link to this post as a reference.

Hanneskaschmir .

Puh, Ventura 13.0.1 is out and Luminar Ai still not functioning properly. When will the update be finally available, please?

Hanneskaschmir .

I wish to to get a discount code and purchase the functioning Neo edition. PLEASE!

Elena Blum

Hi Hanneskaschmir ,

Please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Tobias S

Luminar AI is not working in Ventura MacOS-

same problem here!

Luminar AI still not working in Ventura MacOS, please give me a date when I can expect Luminar AI to be operational.

Dave Ulane

Yep.  And neither is Aurora HDR- same issue as Luminar.  But somehow Skylum keeps sending me promos for trying to get me to buy Neo! 🤨  Why in the world would I buy another piece of software from a company that can't even fix things like this that have been known for weeks?  At this point, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi all!
    Recently we released the compatibility update for Luminar AI (with the support of macOS Ventura). Kindly ensure that you're running the latest version of the app:

https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/keeping-luminar-up-to-date?q=update

If, after updating Luminar AI to version 1.5.4, you still have issues, kindly reach out to our support team at https://skylum.com/support, describing the issue in detail.

Tobias S

how to get version 1.5.4?? your link does not work and in the download section under my paid apps there is only version 1.5.3 not 1.5.4.. 

Download link?

Tobias S

i see, i have alread 1.5.4 but still not working with VETURA macOS

always crash when editing photos on network drive, or exporting photos

Please sign in to leave a comment.