Installed latest update 1.42, but Neo quits upon startup

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Roger,

Let's try the following solution:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder as well as the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Launch Luminar Neo and choose to Create a New Catalog. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in the Pictures folder). 

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support. They will be happy to help! 

Comment actions Permalink
    Roger Allen

Ok, that has Neo back up and running, but of course I now don't have access to my catalogue, how do I get my catalogue back and Neo working at the same time? I see there is a 'backup' directory with recently dated backup files, but I can't find anything in the help menus on how to use them

Roger

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Roger Allen,

Here's how to restore from backup. 
    1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

Try to launch Luminar Neo and create a new catalog. If you're able to load the app, please, try the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Navigate to where your previous catalog is stored.
    3. Locate the Backups folder in the catalog and open it.
    4. In the Backups folder, select a file that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and copy the file somewhere where you can easily access it.
    5. Rename the file you just copied by adding the following after the file name (omit quotes): '.luminarneo'.
    6. Start Luminar Neo.
    7. Click Luminar Neo >File > Catalog > Open > point Luminar to the file from Step 5.
    Roger Allen

Thanks, I've done that with success and now I am back up and running

Agatha Winter

Hi Roger Allen - I'm glad to hear that!

Please sign in to leave a comment.