NEO 1.4.1 slooooooowwwwwwww

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Francois,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing.

Depending on the versions that you would like to revert to, you may not be able to access one or several extensions.

Please, try increasing the pagefile size:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-increase-virtual-memory-in-windows-10-a/46dacaf5-15cf-4f5d-9d5a-cba1401ae4c9 

The pagefile is a minimum of 1.5 times and a maximum of two-three times your physical RAM. You can calculate your pagefile size using the following system:

For minimum: [1GB RAM (1024 mb) x Installed RAM x Minimum]

For a system with 32GB RAM, it would have a minimum of 1024x32x1.5=49152 MB,

The maximum is calculated this way: [1GB RAM (1024 mb) x Installed RAM x Maximum].

But if increasing the pagefile doesn't bring any positive changes, please set it back to "Automatically manage paging files size for all drives".

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support. They will be happy to help! 

Comment actions Permalink
    Francois de Melogue

Thanks - I have already contacted support. Strangely changing the pagefile made it even slower.

Francois de Melogue

Also, for any others. I use NEO almost solely as a plug-in for photoshop. I have noticed since the update that the extensions were added when I started having issues. I can no longer use NEO as a plugin. As a standalone, this works fine. Luminar AI still works fine as a plug-in. I uninstalled NEO and then reloaded without any of the extensions and it works incredibly fast... so my issue is solely with the extensions being loaded.

Francois de Melogue

And, in final, the Skylum team has answered every email extremely quickly and knows that this is an issue to which they are working on a solution as we speak, er, type. Thank You Skylum.

Please sign in to leave a comment.