Answered

Comments

9 comments

Katherine Nelson

Hi Gary,

We'd be grateful if you provide us with the event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue. 
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your support request via https://skylum.com/support

A video tutorial on how to collect logs: https://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Comment actions Permalink
    Gary Erkfritz

Thank you!  I did as you suggested.  Just waiting for a response now.

Richard James

Also have this as an issue.  However, it throws a kernelbase.dll error rather than a .Net one.

Katherine Nelson

Richard James,

Please also contact our support team via https://skylum.com/support so they could advise you further.

Richard James

Thanks Katherine.  I did do, and am awaiting instruction.  Day off today, so I'll probably tinker with it as well.

andy gray

same issue.... and solution ??

Richard James

Cut and paste from support is:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

Try to launch Luminar Neo and create a new catalog. If you're able to load the app, please, try the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Navigate to where your previous catalog is stored.
    3. Locate the Backups folder in the catalog and open it.
    4. In the Backups folder, select a file that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and copy the file somewhere where you can easily access it.
    5. Rename the file you just copied by adding the following after the file name (omit quotes): '.luminarneo'.
    6. Start Luminar Neo.
    7. Click Luminar Neo >File > Catalog > Open > point Luminar to the file from Step 5.

On my install, for some reason, Microsoft have moved the "Pictures" area to the "One Drive" location, so the c:\users\... area is empty.   I followed the rest of the instructions above and it worked.

Richard James

This was emailed to me, so it's support's mail instructions, not from the web (yet). :)

andy gray

thanks Richard....renamed and created new neo folder ... now runs....i dont use neo for my catalogue as too clumsy and makes duplicates and when this issue happens believe it did on previous upgrades you can lose all....but hey its ok software but you get what you pay for DXOPhoto Lab my favourite..oops should i have posted that?

Please sign in to leave a comment.