So if I don't pay every year, regardless of pricing, I lose ALL extensions.

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Kostiantyn Tantsiura

We do understand your position. However, we have a lifetime option for the extension pack, so you won't lose the access to them. To know more, please, contact our support team at support@skylum.com , they will be glad to assist you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Al Wilson

Thank you. I was offered a discount code but the price reduction was from £149 to £134, so not enough to tempt me. The lifetime option is the only one I would be interested in but not knowing what other extensions are going to be a part of this offer is a problem as I have no idea how much interest I will have in them or how well they would apply to my photograph libraries. For example I do a lot of landscapes, but very few portraits. There are likely to be other extensions that do not really fit with my workflow.

I would perhaps be more interested to see if discounts were still being offered once details have all 2022 extensions have been released, as without this you are asking NEO users to take a bit of a gamble over what is actually being paid for.

Hilltops

It's not only a gamble, you also support the Ukraine effort.

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Hilltops

That's as may be, and I support Ukraine in their fight - but this should always be a choice that is up to the individual to decide. Charging larger amounts of money for products to subsidise other issues is imho somewhat dubious. Democracy means choice after all.

Hilltops

What I meant was that any money going to Ukraine helps the country. How Skylum determined the price levels of these extensions I don't know but I agree that they're quite pricey.

In the end, democracy is still working because you decide if you purchase them or not. 

Al Wilson

I'm happy to support the Ukraine, but this isn't the way to do it and I don't believe that this is the intention of Skylum. I have supported Skylum software from the Luminar 4 onwards with what should have been  product upgrades being a completely new product to be paid for again.

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Hilltops

I agree with your response. Let us hope Skylum re think things, and come up with a better stratergy.

Mark

Please sign in to leave a comment.