Neo 1.4.0 Background Color Dull Gray

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Howard,

Kindly note that the background color changes depending on the image that you are editing. If your image is very bright, the background will be brighter as well. And if the image is dark, the background will become darker.

Comment actions Permalink
    Howard Lebowitz

No it does not! I would like to control the color myself. Can you add a Feature Request that allows user defined background color? Or, at least a choice between "light, Medium Gray and Dark Gray"?

Here is a "dark" image and the background is washed out. So there is a bug in your code if it is supposed to be darker!

Thomas Sauer

I see the same effect using Luminar Neo as single program or as extension for Photo's.

In both cases i have a gray washed out background and does not correlate in anyway with the colour strukture of the picture.

Please bring back the old background, or a black and white choice.

Howard Lebowitz

Exactly, I would like Skylum to implement a User Setting like this from another app:

Katherine Nelson

Hi guys!

We appreciate your honest feedback! I have forwarded these suggestions to our devs team so they could fix it in the future updates.

Howard Lebowitz

Katherine Nelson

Thank you.

The fact that Luminar NEO adjusts the background to the content of the image is at best a gimmick that requires processing power, which I would rather have for image processing. I can't see any real benefit to this gimmick. As a photographer, I need a solid dark (black) background. So, by all means, please implement a menu where the user can set their own background that they need.

It is important that Skylum gets away from these gimmicks and moves more towards professionalism.

Howard Lebowitz

The fact is, the alleged gimmick does not even work. That is why I added a feature request to implement a menu that allows the user to choose darkness level as shown in the screenshot above.

From my point of view, I cannot confirm this. In fact, I have not had any problems with this gimmick at all. But I find it pretty useless.

Please sign in to leave a comment.