We need new tools for creative work with NEO

Answered

Comments

3 comments

Agatha Winter

Hi - Thank you for your feedback! I've passed on your suggestion regarding the layers to the team in charge. 

As for the background blurring, there is a Portrait Bokeh AI tool in Luminar Neo. However, please keep in mind that this tool is specifically designed and trained to recognize humans in photos at the moment. In the future, we may consider creating more Bokeh AI tools for other subjects. 

If you'd like to achieve a general blur effect in Luminar Neo, you can move both the AI Structure and Details sliders to the left to remove details. You can then use the masking tools to apply the effect selectively if you wish.

Comment actions Permalink

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, the desired effect is not achieved this way. In some images it is important to create a uniform buttery blur effect without gradient from front to back. And that's where Portrait Bokeh AI, Details and Structure AI are not suitable. They do not create a smooth out-of-focus background.

At the moment I'm using the following workflow:
    1. open a sky image
    2. create a new layer with a portrait image
    3. remove the background in the Portrait
    4. go to the layer with the sky and open the Replace Sky tool
    5. swap the sky with my actual background I want to have
    6. blur is set with the Sky tool

This workaround works, but it is cumbersome.

So what we need here to create the creative effect is a simple blur slider that we can blur the background without a gradient from front to back, and also to move the pixels in a desired direction if needed, thereby also creating movement in the background.

Agatha Winter

Member, thank you for the clarification! This sounds like a good tool to implement :) I can see how it can improve your workflow. I'll share your feedback with our Product and Development teams. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.