Help with Luminar Neo Presets/Templates

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Katherine Nelson

Hi Chandler,

Please note that Basic Backgrounds is not a presets collection but an overlays pack. 

Here's a short guide on how to replace the background in your photos:

• In Luminar Neo's top bar menu, click on the Edit tab.
    • Access the Portrait Background Removal tool in Layer Properties > Masking > Portrait Background Removal.
    • Click on the + button in the Layers menu in the left panel.
    • After clicking on the + button, you'll be able to choose either from a number of default overlays or pick your own one.
    • Click on Load Images (on macOS) or + (on Windows) and select the necessary file (you should upload it from your drive, not the Luminar Catalog itself).
    • It will appear among "My images." Click on it to apply.
    • To adjust the added texture/object, open the Layer Properties menu in the Tools panel; see the screenshot below.
      You can resize the texture/object, change its opacity, and blend mode.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Chandler Willett

Ah, okay. I will give it a try and let you know. Many thanks for your quick response!

Chandler Willett

There is no option for the Portrait Background Removal tool in Layers Properties when I click the edit tab on Neo's toolbar.

Chandler Willett

Oh wait!! Nevermind, I think I found it ...sorry..such a dumb dumb over here...

Chandler Willett

So, I was able to figure it out, thanks to your instructions. But how do I use the 2 add-ons I purchased? The mixed and basic backgrounds? I cannot access them in Neo or Luminar AI. 

Thanks again for you help!

Roy Blackwell

Neo User Manual

https://manual.skylum.com

Katherine Nelson

Chandler Willett, it's also an overlays pack so the instruction is the same I've posted above.

Chandler Willett

Roy Blackwell

Thanks for sending the manual! 

Chandler Willett

Katherine Nelson

Thank you! I have to upgrade my iOS devices. Apparently, they are past their prime. Geesh. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.