Luminar Neo 1.3.1 UPDATE ... Slow ... very slow

Answered

Comments

21 comments

Ivan Azure

Hi!

Before returning to the previous version, we recommend fulfilling the troubleshooting session.

Indicate the following

- How many images are there in your Library? Please send us the screenshot of your Catalog file structure.
    - Where are they located (on an internal or external drive)?
    - How much free space there is on your drive?
    - What edits are applied to the image? You can screenshot the History tab.
    - How much time do the operations take on your end?
    - Which files are you working on (camera, size, format)?

Let us know the entire hardware configuration (provide us with the file):

N.B. The links are clickable and show the screenshots that can guide you, if necessary.

Here is the video tutorial on how to retrieve your system infohttps://www.loom.com/share/97aff7951ee3412daa020f1d88eb36e8     

Please send us all the listed information via support@skylum.com

Comment actions Permalink
    Time Capture

@ Ivan Azure

Hi Ivan 

I'm sorry but I'm NOT a member of your QA team that gets paid for this type of testing.

I simply want to go to the previous working version.

As I had mentioned in my first post, I'm working on a very fast system with nvme  pci4 drives and plenty free space and trying to export 14 Tiff files 87640x5760px there are about 284MB in size and 4 adjustments.

I get that your development team is working on new features and enhancements but tat the same time they brake good working one. I should've never updated it. Please include the ability to go back to a previous working version and start utilizing GPU cores so my CPU doesn't have to go to 100%. Please keep in mind time is of an essence in here and you have team that just needs better QA process to be established before any update release.

Please do not force your customers to do QA testing for Skylum instead simply give the ability to go back to a working version.

Katherine Nelson

Hi! We are very sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue.

However, please kindly note that we are not asking you to do any testing. If you find a possibility to provide our support team with the information mentioned above, we'll be able to investigate this issue further and sort it out for you. We appreciate your understanding!

Time Capture

I've got the link for 1.3.0 version thanks to the Skylum Support Team.

Christian Zenker

Hi,
    have the same problem with luminar neo 1.3.1.
    Please could you send me a link to 1.3.0 aswell?

thanks

Tania Taylor

Hi Christian Zenker!

Please contact us at skylum.com/support, and we'll gladly help you.

Christian Zenker

Could solve this problem meanwhile by myself. I uninstalled the slow 1.3.1 version completely and then install this version again. Now all runs approximately with the same speed as version 1.3.0.
    Only exporting jpgs is rather slow, but this seems to be a known problem.

Carsten Meyer

I experienced the same issue after updating to 1.3.1. So if I´m uninstalling the software completely, all my edits will remain intact and automatically show up again after reinstalling the software?

Banh Mi DSLR101

I just asked for NEO refund again and back to AI.

This is 3rd time tried NEO and completely slow and laggy. The AI is much better. Gave up on NEO, maybe I will try again when they come out version 2.x LOL

Elena Blum

Hi Carsten Meyer

The edits will be saved in the catalog folder, if you not delete it, you can reopen it again.

Hi Banh Mi DSLR101,

I'm sorry to hear you've got issues. I hope you'd like our future updates.

Nicholas Seguin

I am in the same boat. Luminary NEO is completely unusable... Especially for any kind of professional workflow. I'm running and M1 Pro Mac. I've tried all the trouble shooting suggestions above. The software, and frankly this company is not ready for public use/support. This is the third version of a lumina software I have owned and by far NEO is the worst performing. With that being said all their software has “quarks”.

Kim Raymond

As above. I am not professional but it's still annoying. Neo became unusable. I Uninstaller and reloaded and it worked slow but smooth.for a while then sliders and masking became unresponsive again. What to do? I like it when it works chose it over PL5 but with PL6 just out maybe I regret it.

Francois de Melogue

NEO has always been way slower than AI but has recently gotten worse. It works fine on its own as a standalone but with the current version of photoshop forget it. I used to like NEO because it greatly cut editing time on some real estate and small business photoshoots I do. But having to wait several hours for NEO now makes me not like it at all. I have 9900 photos in my catalog spread out over external drives and internal drives. I am running a windows 11 pro with 32 gb ram and Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz.

Christian Zenker

I think the problem is that Sylum puts all his energy into producing new expansions (to make more money). Therefore, there is no manpower left to complete the Luminar NEO base software, although there is still a lot of work to be done to make it a truly functional software.

In addition to the not particularly clever pricing policy, this does not seem to me to be a good decision by Skylum.

Carsten Meyer

While with the last version of Luminar Neo I hardly couldn´t work anymore, with the then following update things went better. With the current version everything works again as it should and it´t fun to work with the software again. Right now I´m upgrading to the latest version, hopefully it will continue to work as smoothly as it now does. :-)

Time Capture

I've seen it in many companies where people in charge for these releases are actually working for the marketing departments. They are not  a product users "technologist" they are simply a salesman. The main goal is to SELL SELL and close a deal WRAP a PoS in a good looking package and sell it. I wish all the best for SKYLUM but if they don't change their mind of having the end users to be their QA tester the LN won't get far and there will be more and more complains coming ending it for good :-( 

SHAN SMITH

Hi, same issue here! Just downloaded new version yesterday and already experiencing problem. Is it worth downgrading to get faster performance? If so, where do I get the link?

Katherine Nelson

Hi guys,

If you experience any issues with Luminar, please kindly reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support.

Time Capture

SHAN SMITH

Email Skylum Support <support@skylum.com> and ask them for link to a previous version.

Francois de Melogue

Howdy All

I encourage you to talk to support - they helped me. I worked with them and narrowed down a problem to a known bug that they are working on. I understand what causes the slow down and how to work around my particular problem. I hope you guys can work it out with support as well.

Kris Rogiers

Same here, new user, 36MP raw formats, 4 images in catalogue

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

Not workable as a pro boudoir photographer. I have some plugins from third parties that work super fast. Also in PSD en LR. Thought I would give NEO a chance but will not renew my subscription and will ask a refund if this issue takes a long time to get solved. IF you have enough time to lose, the results are not bad at all ;)

Please sign in to leave a comment.